The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
exercise on a fast day
06 Aug 2013, 06:59
Hi all

I had my 2nd succesful all day fast yesterday - and felt great for it so good that i signed up to a combat class that has a trainer who is relentless!

Anyhow i done a whole hour of strenuous exercise which resulted in a pool of sweat and i had sopping wet hair and an amazing red face! My fitbit deduced that I burnt 550 calories.

My q is - is it ok to do exercise like this on a fast day>? I felt fine after just a bit puffed out lol I'm hoping this will all aid my wieght loss :)
Re: exercise on a fast day
06 Aug 2013, 07:24
I did an aerobic class last night on a fast day, and will be doing another class later this morning. I too was scared of exercising on a fast day, but haven't found it a problem at all. To be honest I prefer exercising on a fast day, keeps me occupied when I would normally feel a bit inclined to fantasise about having an nice evening snak or glass of wine. So if you feel fine keep it up. Wish my fitbit would hurry up and come!
06 Aug 2013, 07:40
Hi TracE,

I exercise on Fast days with no problem and I always end up looking sweaty and red faced. I find it easier than on the day after a fast.
Listen to your body, but it sounds like you were fine.
You really are going for it, and I know there is a whole thread on here about exercise not helping weightloss, but that's 550 calories you wouldn't have used sitting watching TV :smile:
06 Aug 2013, 07:45
Congrats on completing your 2nd fast!
Exercise should be fine. I hit the gym for an hour on Mondays and do a yoga class on Thursdays. Both are my fast days. Makes fasting easier, in fact.
06 Aug 2013, 08:13
I crossfit on fast days. Usually a good thing as I would probably chuck up any brekkie given the intensity.

If you struggle eat something small. I now have a glass of milk after, more for repair than hunger.
06 Aug 2013, 08:19
Don't forget to hydrate
6 posts Page 1 of 1