The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Had a failed fast yesterday. not in terms of size of meal at lunch or dinner, just sweet treats. in form of a lovely Easter almond cake i get each Easter. I must of really exceeded the 500k threshold.

What to do next?

Thinking of a careful day today to make up for sins of yesterday.

What have your strategies been in past.

(ps ive hidden the cake out of sight out of mind)
Put it behind you and have another go at a fast, as soon as you can, but don't beat yourself up about it. After all, no-one ever got hung for eating cake!
Well I don't know about hung, but I think Marie Antionet lost hers over cake.

I usually just carry on and fast on my next scheduled day. Trying for a second one immediatly for me never seems to work. I'm already a bit hungry from being under from the day before (it may have been a failed fast, but it would have still been under your TDEE) or I may be feeling a bit of a failure and prone to comfort eating, so a day or two to accept that I'm only human and can still do it helps with the next one.
Just enjoy a normal day but keep it careful. There is always tomorrow. BTW, it has happened to me alot this past few weeks... so I'm with you.
Personally, I wouldn't try again the next day but I would have a 'careful' day and then give it a go the day after :)
It doesn't happen often, mostly because I just don't eat on fast days (drink lots of tea and water), so it's easy to not "fail".

So there has been a few where evenng came and I ate a meal, not counting calories but assuming I went over but not caring (I just frame it as a 24 hour fast instead of 36 hour). So I just carried on as usual, fasting again on my scheduled day.

Then once I pulled the pin because of a stressful situation. I fasted again my next fast day.

I think the important thing is to remember that the reason 5:2 works long term is because it is flexible. Sometimes scheduled fast days will become non fast days, and that's fine It's going to have no long term negative health effect. Big picture.
KataMac wrote: It doesn't happen often, mostly because I just don't eat on fast days (drink lots of tea and water), so it's easy to not "fail".

So there has been a few where evenng came and I ate a meal, not counting calories but assuming I went over but not caring (I just frame it as a 24 hour fast instead of 36 hour). So I just carried on as usual, fasting again on my scheduled day.

Then once I pulled the pin because of a stressful situation. I fasted again my next fast day.

I think the important thing is to remember that the reason 5:2 works long term is because it is flexible. Sometimes scheduled fast days will become non fast days, and that's fine It's going to have no long term negative health effect. Big picture.

wow i dont know how you just do a liquid fast. Hats off to you.

Yesterday, the more i knew i shouldnt eat that cake the more i wanted it. I felt like Eve.
I empathise JR x
But just do this...and start all over again! X
image.jpg
(39.5 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
image.jpg

Or this!
If I go over on a fast day, I try again the next day (as long as there's nothing special planned or if it is a weekend) as I feel better in myself if I do. :smile:

However, looking at the above, it looks like we are all different, so do what you feel most comfortable with - after all, that is the beauty of this WOE

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you :clover: :heart:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
KataMac wrote: It doesn't happen often, mostly because I just don't eat on fast days (drink lots of tea and water), so it's easy to not "fail".

wow i dont know how you just do a liquid fast. Hats off

I find it easier to do liquid only, I don't get as hungry, don't have to think about food at all. Suits me in that either I'm eating, or I'm not eating, that day. Think WestLondonChick nailed it - we are all so different! So what is easier for you (eating quarter of your calories on a fast day) is harder for me. : :like:
11 posts Page 1 of 1