The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast day flop
06 Sep 2013, 12:48
My friend at work went to a little italian restaurant type place at lunch so I tagged along. Ended up ordering a feta cheese salad, it was absolutely delicious.

I have a 350 cal ready meal for dinner, maybe if I just dont have that I will still be on track..... :confused:
Re: Fast day flop
06 Sep 2013, 13:03
I was meant to fast today but ended up eating lunch qs my husband made me some without realising, so today has become 16/8.

You've already done 2 fasts so don't stress, just do what you feel like whether that's fasting this evening or eating normally and starting again next week!
06 Sep 2013, 13:04
I don't know how big your salad was but if you just have something low calorie for dinner (or nothing if you feel you can make it through) than today may very well be a low calorie day and in terms of looking at how many calories you have consumed in a week you may very well be on track.
06 Sep 2013, 13:10
Ya, have a veg soup. You will still be in the right calorie zone and something warm in the tum is satisfying. Or maybe when the time comes your body will still be happy with the salad and you won't need dinner. Good luck Claire.
06 Sep 2013, 13:23
I did a similar thing yesterday. I knew I would be out from late afternoon till late evening, so instead of saving all my calories for dinner as usual I had a big salad at about 2pm. Didn't need anything in the evening but if you fancy something later have it, I would. There's a ridiculously small amount of calories in salad so have another with a different bit of protein to make a change and you will be laughing.

By the way, you have already done 2 fasts this week, so well done for that. I saw your other post this post this morning and was going to say that you're an all or nothing kind of girl!! :smile:
06 Sep 2013, 13:41
I'm with Wendy and the other posters, and Well Done on managing two full fasts this week that's one more than I did. (though to be fair it was because my physio told me I had to eat before acupuncture, yesterday and I ran out of days) :smile:
06 Sep 2013, 14:03
The main thing is that you enjoyed what you had and it was healthy so no need to feel regret.
It was unplanned but so what? It just means you can stick to the fast for the rest of the day, turn it into a 16/8 or just a lower calorie day. That's what's so good about all this - flexibility and results.
06 Sep 2013, 15:09
SianS wrote: I'm with Wendy and the other posters, and Well Done on managing two full fasts this week that's one more than I did. (though to be fair it was because my physio told me I had to eat before acupuncture, yesterday and I ran out of days) :smile:

Sian I have also been having Acupunctire from an NHS physio. It was only when I was making my 3rd appointment that I happened to mention that I would be fasting. She said I should eat before treatment but I don't feel it made any difference
06 Sep 2013, 15:19
You are doing brilliantly, Claire!
I would see how you go and judge how much you feel you need to eat later.
It can be a 16:8 day, or a low cal day, or an ordinary day. You choose!
06 Sep 2013, 16:00
I agree with everyone, you are doing ok Claire, go with how you feel at the time, no pressure, its early days yet so ease yourself back into it. :like:

Chris x :clover:
06 Sep 2013, 16:17
Thanks everyone
I am very hungry so I think I'm going to have to have my ready meal!
07 Sep 2013, 13:33
Sometimes life just gets in the way Claire!
We have to give ourselves a break when it happens and think " damage limitation"...
do what we can to stay within the calorie parameters or accept that this day maybe we will go a bit over..
Doesnt mean you flopped! hey it can still be a low (ish) cal day! X
12 posts Page 1 of 1