The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast Diet Book
02 Mar 2014, 14:36
Is it necessary to buy the book Fast Diet Book for 5:2 diet? Did you buy it?
Re: Fast Diet Book
02 Mar 2014, 14:42
I bought it but skipped all the science-y stuff, I have lent it to lots of friends, but basically it is so straightforward you don't really need it (Sorry Dr M)
02 Mar 2014, 14:49
I bought it for my kindle but have learned a lot more from everyone here on the forum. Interesting read though. 5:2 is what it is. Know your TDEE and then eat up to it on 5 days a week and a quarter of it 2 days a week. Simples!! The fine tuning of how this suits you and your lifestyle is up to you.
02 Mar 2014, 14:54
Cutest little YouTube video that sums things up quickly is by Kevin Partner. Search 5:2 diet & its the video with large green & small red dots.
I agree with WendyDarling that this forum is a wealthof information. Best of luck.
02 Mar 2014, 15:03
A friend loaned me the book. I read it over the weekend and gave it back, started 5:2 the next day. The book isn't really necessary if you read the informational bubbles at the top of this page and browse the diet topics on the forum. I've so much more this way. :clover:
02 Mar 2014, 16:25
I saw the original Horizon programme and had already started 5:2 when the book came out. I bought it but never finished reading it. I have gleaned most of my information from this forum and from 5:2 FB groups before this forum started.So no I don't think it is necessary
02 Mar 2014, 16:35
Thanks for that heads up MLCDz I just had a look and yes, it's really good.

Here is the link if anyone wants it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A
02 Mar 2014, 17:22
I bought the book before i found the forum! Still havent read the book properly, but get all the info i need on here, x no necessity for the book as far as i can see,unless you want to make mm a little richer!x
02 Mar 2014, 17:57
Yes I bought the book last April but like WendyDarling have learned far more from this forum than I actually took in from the book plus everything in on this forum for newcomers to check out all for free. But having said that its by far the best £5 I have EVER spent and ultimately led me to this forum for which I'm more than grateful for.:heart: Sue
02 Mar 2014, 18:10
The genius of this WOE/WOL is its simplicity and flexibility. So, once you have a very basic understanding of the science (assuming you are a person who requires some scientific basis for what you do), you just start it and go. The lovely thing about this forum is that you can access the wisdom and experience (and scientific knowledge) of a wide range of people, each with their own health and life issues. What's more, these are incredibly generous and supportive people. :heart:
10 posts Page 1 of 1