The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Fasting hrs
15 Aug 2013, 01:57
Bigmammacupcake wrote: Hi folks, read this with interest!

Reading the comments, I'm surprised my version of fasting works. I fast mondays and thursday, eating 500 cal over two meals: breakfast (8am) and diner (6pm) and nothing in btwn - drinking water only. I then eat normally the next day, having a normal lunch.

I've lost @ 15 lbs this why (over 6 weeks) and intend to carry on as it works for me. Not sure if I'm discilined enough to join the supa league of 24/36 fasts.

I suppose my advice is do what works for you and change if you're not happy with your progress. May try an all-dayer at some point.

Good luck in your endeavours.

LOL Sounds like you do 5:2. It works just fine. Most people signed up on this Forum do not post. Many that do, post because there is something about 5:2 they don't like and want to change to find something that works for them. But they are not the majority. 5:2 works just fine for a majority of the people that do it.
15 Aug 2013, 02:01
Ha ha- I'm now almost up to 6 months of fasting 2 days a week and I've always stopped eating about 7.30 the night before, had only clear no calorie fluids till about 6pm on my "fast" day, had my (up to ) 500 cals for dinner, then nothing till the next morning.
I've always thought this was a 24hr fast, now I realize I've been doing 36 hrs- go me! :wink:
BTW very happy with my weight loss. :smile:
15 Aug 2013, 02:15
Another successful 5:2er. WTG! :like:
15 Aug 2013, 02:17
Tracieknits wrote:
The caution is though, some people calling it a 1 day fast will then give themselves license to eat at 12:01 Tuesday morning saying "it's all good, I went a whole day" and they really are just cheating themselves because they won't get the same results as someone who waits until they wake up normally on Tuesday morning.

And problem with that too is that they dont have time to digest their midnight + 1 minute meal when they do hit the pillow.
15 Aug 2013, 02:20
simcoeluv wrote:
Bigmammacupcake wrote: Hi folks, read this with interest!

Reading the comments, I'm surprised my version of fasting works. I fast mondays and thursday, eating 500 cal over two meals: breakfast (8am) and diner (6pm) and nothing in btwn - drinking water only. I then eat normally the next day, having a normal lunch.

I've lost @ 15 lbs this why (over 6 weeks) and intend to carry on as it works for me. Not sure if I'm discilined enough to join the supa league of 24/36 fasts.

I suppose my advice is do what works for you and change if you're not happy with your progress. May try an all-dayer at some point.

Good luck in your endeavours.

LOL Sounds like you do 5:2. It works just fine. Most people signed up on this Forum do not post. Many that do, post because there is something about 5:2 they don't like and want to change to find something that works for them. But they are not the majority. 5:2 works just fine for a majority of the people that do it.

I think the trick with Bigmammacupcake is the "i dont consume anything between breakfast and dinner" Hence my current "no grazing rule" or 12 hour fast rule on the "fast day" for maz results.
20 posts Page 2 of 2