The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today, Monday 16 May
16 May 2016, 01:12
Sydney here basking in autumn sunshine and the glory of our girl Dami Im coming second in Eurovision!

I'm here today for my normal Monday fast. We have a team lunch today so I will go along and just have a coffee. I did think about changing to Tuesday this week but I really enjoy my Monday fast. Am planning to go to the gym after work so probably an apple on the way then left over pasta with tuna for dinner.

How will you be spending your fast day?
Yes, usual Monday for me. I'm at work so only coffee, tea and water during the day. Partner made a lovely beef casserole last night but the meat is very lean and we'll have it with plenty of green beans and broccoli, no potatoes, no glass of wine, etc. I'll go to the gym at 6am tomorrow morning, followed by a nourishing porridge (with chia, coconut, cinnamon, banana and almonds) and an extra large coffee. Good luck everyone!
It is a beautiful Monday in Sydney. This is my first fasting day for a while, having given up on the 5:2 previously due largely to apathy. Much more driven this time especially after reading the Success Stories here on Fast Day. A type 2 diabetes scare and high cholesterol reading at the dr. is enough for me to change my habits. Also at work today ... just avoiding the other office girls having their 3pm chocolate fix..... :) more peppermint tea for me !!
Good Morning Everyone :smile:
Well it's my 1st fast in 2 weeks after my hols....not to bad so far, only time will tell.
The usual liquid until a chicken salad for T later.
Good luck :grin: xx
Hi all, I'm here today for my Monday fast. Feeling very sorry for myself today. Thought I get my summer clothes out today (shorts and T's weather here), only to try my shorts on and NONE of them fit :( I can get them on but they're way too tight and they look it too. I'm about a stone (14lbs) heavier than this time last year. I don't want to or have the money to buy new shorts so I really need to lose a stone, now. I know that will take me ages on 5:2, I'll be lucky to lose a stone by the end of summer if I keep doing what I'm doing now. I think I need to go on a diet (hangs head in shame) and really up my activity. I could still fast. Just cut out ALL the crap. No goodies on non-fasdays. Or I could try ADF. I have been thinking about ADF for the last few weeks because I'm finding my fast days so do-able. And it was the plan krista varady did the study on in the first place. Aarrrgggghh!!!!!! I don't know what to do. For now, It's a fast day and I'm fasting, wearing 3/4 length trousers and feeling down in the dumps :( I'm going to ride my bike down to the beach this afternoon and have a really long walk along the beach, try to clear my head. Also chicken salad for dinner this evening. Happy fasting everyone. Any advice very welcome.
I'm in as usual for a Monday. I've been to aquajog as per usual. Planning smoked haddock and pearly barley dish for this evening.

@justdee You must be northern hemisphere as you are just getting out your summer stuff. if in the UK how about going to some charity shops to see if you can find some shorts to tide you over. As I have lost weight I have bought a lot of stuff in charity shops and if you look around you can often pick up some good makes. I am retired with time on my hands of course - you may not be so lucky. I don't think you should go on any sort of crash diet or it's back to boom and bust.
Fasting today, but haven't got groceries yet. Salad and an egg, some fruit, lots of black coffee, tea, and water.
Strange weather. Hot last week, now it is snowing in the northern parts of our state. (not here, but I have the heat on. My elderly aunt lives with us, and can't take much cold).
@Lil, good idea about charity clothes. :like: I have been getting 'gently used' clothing, since my size kept changing. Now it is shrinking! I will add that to my list of reasons I am eating this way. I pull it out when I feel tempted by sweets now. Love the visual of how much fat is in one lb.. :fat:

Enjoy the day, and luck to fasters. :clover:
How great to see so many of you fasting today - woohoo! Well done everyone!
Now, how many of us will there be tomorrow I wonder?! :wink:
Bean xx
I'm also in today. Have had tea and water all day and the odd sugar free gum for breath purposes. Currently eating cucumber and later on will have an omelette with onions and some grated parmesan cheese. Feeling cold right now but I guess thats a good thing. Good luck everyone.
I third the idea of "gently used" shorts; I don't suppose you're anywhere near me (Seattle)?

I'm in today, having my pot o' green tea now (just before noon), trying to ignore the rumbling tum. Four hours to broth! Six to food! I can make it! Good thing I'm vegetarian, the cats' food doesn't appeal. (well, to be honest, the stewed chicken looks pretty darn good...)
Thanks @Lil, I'm in spain, unfortunately no charity shops here. I know a crash diet is not the way to go. What I'm thinking is, I'll increase activity, try to fit in a few more fastdays and cut out most unhealthy foods for a few weeks. As long as I do 2 fast a week anything above that is a bonus and if I don't manage anything more I won't have failed because I would have still done 5:2. My new goal is to get back into my shorts. I'm not bothered how many lbs that is, it might not be anywhere near 14lbs before the shorts are wearable.
I've had a good fastday. Walked for 2 hours along the beach, drank lots of water and had a chicken salad for dinner this evening. Hope everyone else is having a good day. :)
Made it to 4pm/broth...with lotsa tea, including a couple of mint (helps with that sickish empty feeling). Don't know why I've been getting that more lately... Usually I feel somewhat hungry, but it's been a bit more challenging lately. Sure hope it's not my body fighting to get the weight back.... :confused:
ferretgal wrote: Made it to 4pm/broth...with lotsa tea, including a couple of mint (helps with that sickish empty feeling). Don't know why I've been getting that more lately... Usually I feel somewhat hungry, but it's been a bit more challenging lately. Sure hope it's not my body fighting to get the weight back.... :confused:

Could be anything. A new med is causing me nausea, but not just on a fast day. Ginger helps me.
Motherof2 wrote: I'm also in today. Have had tea and water all day and the odd sugar free gum for breath purposes. Currently eating cucumber and later on will have an omelette with onions and some grated parmesan cheese. Feeling cold right now but I guess thats a good thing. Good luck everyone.

I've had my salad, and now trying to keep busy. Your omelette sounds good...I'd like one, but already had my quota of calories. More tea and water for now.
@ Motherof2 I love your avatar.
14 posts Page 1 of 1