The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting when poorly?
24 Mar 2014, 22:04
Hello all

For the first time in the 6 months I've been doing the 5:2 I am feeling very under the weather - mouth ulcers and now I seem to have caught my OH's sore throat, in addition to my headache. In general just feeling rubbish... I've been overdoing it recently and it's caught up with me.

Today is supposed to be a fast day and I'm wondering if it's a good idea, I've already been told by people at work that if I 'fast when sick you'll just get more ill'. I know from lots of experience that people that don't know much about the WOE tend to give advice without much backup.

Thoughts anybody?? :geek:
Re: Fasting when poorly?
24 Mar 2014, 22:14
I think it's down to personal preference. I don't tend to do a strict fast if I feel unwell but then I don't want to eat as much anyway. I was on a fast day today but had a tummy upset yesterday evening by lunch time I wanted food so had some soup and tonight I had some thing light. It all added up to about 700 cals. Still less than normal but not quite a fast day.
24 Mar 2014, 22:57
You know the 5:2 mantra by now, kekkelkelster, 'Listen to your body!' Sometimes, if you feel unwell, it puts you off food but at other times it seems to make you want/need food, especially the 'comfort foods'. Only you will know how you feel and what your body needs but there's no need to over-feed yourself, or worry if you need a little more food than usual for a few days!

"Listen to your body!" :smile: I hope that you feel better very soon. :victory:
25 Mar 2014, 10:04
Corsodyl mouthwash is good for both mouthulcers and a sore throat I find.
25 Mar 2014, 10:10
kelkelkelster wrote: Hello all

For the first time in the 6 months I've been doing the 5:2 I am feeling very under the weather - mouth ulcers and now I seem to have caught my OH's sore throat, in addition to my headache. In general just feeling rubbish... I've been overdoing it recently and it's caught up with me.

Today is supposed to be a fast day and I'm wondering if it's a good idea, I've already been told by people at work that if I 'fast when sick you'll just get more ill'. I know from lots of experience that people that don't know much about the WOE tend to give advice without much backup.

Thoughts anybody?? :geek:

@kelkelkelster I think 16:8 might be ok. I think when we are sick we need more energy for healing and fasting makes it a bit too hard. I usually put off fasts until I'm better.
6 posts Page 1 of 1