The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Favourite fast day meals?
23 Feb 2014, 05:19
Hi everyone! Just wondering what your favourite fast day meals are? Thanks! :) x
Re: Favourite fast day meals?
23 Feb 2014, 05:47
I have two paths. When I am craving a normal dinner, I have a serving of meat, a huge serving of vegetables and just a few bites of carb like potato and then I have a baked apple for dessert.
I am one of those who saves most of my calories for dinner on fast days which means I am skipping two breakfasts a week. I often long for those breakfast type foods so it is not uncommon for me to eat breakfast for my fast dinner meal. I love steel cut oats with lots of blueberries, a waffle with peanut butter, or a cheese omelet with a piece of toast.

I drink plenty of teas during the day and broth at lunch.
23 Feb 2014, 05:48
Poached egg and toast. Simple, filling and quick.
23 Feb 2014, 06:12
A small salmon fillet pan fried with a big salad.
23 Feb 2014, 08:59
I have posted this one before but I love aubergine, lasagna, moussaka. So I bake off a whole sliced aubergine with a sprinkle of olive oils and chilli flakes. Then layer it with a pack of quorn bolognaise ( bought ready made in fridge ) then sprinkle with either cheese or low fat mozzarella. Great big pile of food, does both fasting days. Or I replace the quorn with tomato based sauce (home made or jar) and have a piece of fish or chicken with it.
23 Feb 2014, 10:51
Pack of Aldi mushroom stirfry and a pack of prawns.... fried in Frylite - 243 calories. Although I usually add a few more mushrooms, some baby asparagus and some spinach which adds a few more calories but does pad it out (think mountain on a plate ;) ) I also added a pack of Barenaked Noodles last week which made a MAMMOTH meal and really filled me up for the rest of the evening.....
23 Feb 2014, 10:53
butternut squash Carbonara i save all my cals for my dinner.
23 Feb 2014, 11:12
I'm with GoLinda and quite like brekkie for dinner. Tonight I had frozen raspberries, greek yoghurt, chia seeds and flaxseed.
8 posts Page 1 of 1