The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

What are your favorite things to do. The best tip I received on this website was to have a bath on fast day nights. I pretty much do this religiously - especially on liquid fasts. I don't find the days so bad as I'm usually working - its the interminable evening when I'd love tea and chocolate digestives.

Tonight I shall take a bath and walk the dogs. If I had the money I'd get a massage/facial or something pampering like that but can't do that 3 times a week or I'd need 4 jobs and sure then I wouldn't have time in the first place.

So what are your tips? What do you do and preferably the cheapest option? :like:
Gardening, tidying, and going for a run.
My worst time is between 3 and evening meal time. So I batch cook and bake for feast days. But four eves a week I go to aerobics classes. Yes can you believe it I cook.
But running is also a great one.
@carieoates - I can't believe you cook. I would have to taste, lick the spoon, pick etc. You have some will power I'll say that. Gardening is a nice one - although it is all energy expending isn't it :-)
I often do cooking as well. Gardening is another one for me at the moment. In the evenings which can be tricky I mostly watch TV and sip a low cal drink.
I usually work overtime on fast days. Then home at noon do some housework,then get on my crosstrainer shower and then relax with a bit of reading,knitting,crafting of some sort until the family are all home and fancy their tea.So its keeping busy so you dont think about munching :-)
I go for a walk - it's seems to lift my spirit and suppress hunger. And I try to keep myself busy in general on a fast day :-)
I walk, listening to podcasts. Distracts, relaxes, makes me happy.
@nadiaj nice to see you back here posting :smile:

I actually have always cooked as I liquid fast the odd taste is ok but I generally know what I am cooking and don't taste test as may be dinner for OH. I can usually resist temptation.

I find bullet coffee completely blocks any need to eat or think about eating for 4-6 hours. I modify the fat volume and as I liquid fast most other drinks in the day are low cal. Also save my bullet coffee until 2pm
I have three young children so I´m quite active during the day but after they have gone to bed it gets trickier. I´ve tried to save as much calories as possible for the evening, that´s my best tip so far. I´m new on the diet so I haven´t had any REAL hungerattacks yet..
A large strong Americano coffee and a walk along the beach & my run app that I do on a mini trampoline!!
@gillymary - nice to be back!
I've continued with 5:2 but have been a bit overwhelmed with work for the last few months so I have not been on the forum since 2013 I think
12 posts Page 1 of 1