The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I really am feasting today, going out for a tapas lunch, and meeting friends for a drink tonight. Just as well I don't count calories!
Seriously though, eating tapas is not good for me, in that I don't see all the food on a plate at once, I can just keep on having one more. However, I so rarely get the chance to do this that I'm just going to enjoy it!
Yesterday was a fast day, and I've put off having breakfast so far, but I think I'll have to have a little something. Fruit perhaps.
I just had my breakfast - overnight soaked Bircher muesli with grated apple. I love it so much that a bowl always seems like a treat. I use a 30g serving of oats, a couple of tablespoons of a seed and nut mix that I make up myself (coconut, linseeds, chopped un-blanched almonds, pumpkin seeds) and add in a little bit of dried fruit - sultanas and dates today. Recently I've started adding lemon juice to the mix for the supposed health benefits.

Curried acorn squash soup for lunch. Accompanied by the soda bread I am about to make :grin:
@Winsome I'd forgotten how lovely grated apple and muesli are together, will try that again!
3 posts Page 1 of 1