The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Fed up of digital scales!
09 Jan 2016, 23:29
Due to their unpredictability, iv'e tried using them in the same spot on a hard surface but they vary wildly in a matter of minutes.
So i decided to get the old fashioned doctors type scales today and guess what, i can't see the ruddy markings :oops: the pounds are so close together it's impossible :razz: next is to get some binoculars so i can see the marks :rotfl: can you imagine the sight! on second thought don't try to imagine the sight :grin:
And before anyone suggests getting a family member to look for me, that would be a no! I couldn't bear it :confused:
Re: Fed up of digital scales!
09 Jan 2016, 23:55
@Janpartly, I've experienced similar frustrations with digital scales. However, I've had this scale for years and love it because it is reliable. I can step on, step off, step on, step off, and the readings are consistent (sometimes to my dismay!). I got it on Amazon.

Hope that helps!!
10 Jan 2016, 02:40
Thanks beauty novice i may invest :like:
10 Jan 2016, 03:16
I have the fitbit aria scale. I don't move it. We leave it in the same spot on our bathroom floor - I think that helps a lot. We love it, because the scale syncs wirelessly using our home's internet and the weights are private for each user and get recorded on our fitbit apps :-)
10 Jan 2016, 12:12
I couldn't stand the digital scales either. I got rid of them and got set with a dial and needle. It is a bit hard to see, but I don't need to know the exact kilos, just the general position around 70kg. I can see if it moves up or down, which it doesn't.
10 Jan 2016, 12:54
Thank you for making me laugh! I bought digital scales because I couldn't read the ordinary ones. I have to say mine are annoyingly consistent, no jiggling around allows me to lose an extra half pound.

Silverslimmer
10 Jan 2016, 14:28
You have to be firm with them. When mine insist on giving the same reading for days and I know I have been extra good I get on them holding a heavy dumbbell. Often when I get on immediately after, without the dumbbell, it shows a pound lighter ( but not always )
10 Jan 2016, 15:50
Hum, I never realised they were so fickle :shock: I shall be checking them out, must say I never get on any other scales as they might tell a fib :wink:
10 Jan 2016, 18:31
Well iv'e had a look in the daylight now, and i can see enough to know i need to lose a good stone and a half.
They may well be the best thing for me because i won't obsess about every ounce as i do on digital scales!
So as long as they are heading in the right direction i'm happy, although it isn't easy to fill out the tracker so i think i'll leave it.
10 Jan 2016, 19:45
Any excuse @Janpartly ! :razz:
10 Jan 2016, 23:54
I meant leave filling in the tracker not the diet! :grin:
11 Jan 2016, 12:43
It's filling in the tracker when it's going the wrong way that I find tough. Grit your teeth and go for it girl!
11 Jan 2016, 21:51
My digital scales (WeightWatchers brand) must be the same set-up as @barbarita's I weigh twice each morning - once holding something that weighs a couple of pounds or more (dressing gown, large glass jar, cat, etc) then again without. I think some digital scales are made so that a weight close to the last they measured deliberately registers the same - to stop people complaining about inaccuracy because they got on the scales twice 2 mins apart & got different weights. Weighing while holding a weight fools the scales into thinking they are weighing a different person, then the next ('proper') weigh result is correct!

No, I'm not fed up of my digital scales - I have a love-hate relationship with them, but weighing daily while I'm dieting has been a huge motivator.
13 posts Page 1 of 1