The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Feel down and fat and frumpy
25 Feb 2014, 16:05
Hi all

Dont know why but Im feeling down today and eating rubbish since the wk endI have not been able to get back into 5:2, when I look at myself in the mirror I just see fat and frumpy old woman.
I suffer from depression and take meds for it but still get the odd days of feeling rubbish about myself and just wanted a moan about it :-(
Marion I feel the same way. Winter is long. I am thinking of getting out for a long walk. It does perk you up.
Read the winter failings post. Many of us are in the same boat!
Oh we all have those horrible days/weeks/even months :frown:

I know how you feel and I’m sure many on here will too. You’ve done amazing – nearly losing 11kg! With this WOE you are allowed to be flexible, when you feel ready a fast will help you to feel back on track. Sometimes “rubbish” food is actually very good for the soul! (I know how cheesy that sounds!) I’m sure everyone strays a little at some points – I definitely have!

I hope you feel better soon – as someone who also takes meds for depression I know how difficult it can be – but you can come through it. You’ve already proved how brilliant you are with your loss so far :heart:
Sorry to hear you are feeling down. You have come so far and it's only been a few days. Have you tried giving up sugar? It really affects my moods and I'm better when I don't have it at all. Three days off makes a big difference.
@rawkaren when you give up sugar is it only the obvious stuff you give up or do you study all the labels for hidden additions too,@mariondot40 this is something I have noticed, when you first lose weight you feel so slim but you get used to how you look and then don't get the same reward when you look in the mirror. It is best to go by your clothes. Hope you feel better tomorrow :like: :clover: :lol:
Hi Marion
there is nothing worse than the feeling of being down, it is a tough rut to get out of, hopefully the progress you have made so far, which is fantastic will help empower you to keep up your amazingly good work.
i find reading other peoples success stories a great help.
keep us posted how you are feeling, you are not alone and that is important to remember.
Nessie wrote: @rawkaren when you give up sugar is it only the obvious stuff you give up or do you study all the labels for hidden additions too,@mariondot40 this is something I have noticed, when you first lose weight you feel so slim but you get used to how you look and then don't get the same reward when you look in the mirror. It is best to go by your clothes. Hope you feel better tomorrow :like: :clover: :lol:

Hi @nessie. YOu need to be a label freak and something of a detective as sugar comes in all kinds of guises. Basically anything that ends in an -ose....
I know it's hard when you're fighting depression ..but tell yourself,one day you'll see a slimmer healthier reflection! And in the meantime look in the mirror and see something you can appreciate about yourself and congratulate yrself on having a warm smile or shiny hair or white teeth! Or whatever! Everybody has something.
I look in the mirror and these days see my Dad looking back at me! :shock:
Wdnt be so bad seeing my mum but - When did i metamorph into Dad! :shock: holy moley! X
Really starting to think about this sugar malarky @rawkaren
While sleepless last night, i was reading up about a book called Sweet Poison by David Gillespie yesterday after talking to someone the other day who has just read the book and has cut out sugar completely but is eating freely of everything sugar free to see if he can lose weight that way and get healthier xx ps i feel truly poisoned after eating two very sweet cupcakes last night.
10 posts Page 1 of 1