The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Feel like starting over...
21 Jul 2013, 13:15
It's been a while, and my weight goes up and down depending on celebrations or rest periods. Generally get back to the weight reached before I stopped fasting. So has my metabolism now stabilised at the lower weight and will it therefore react favourably to starting the 5:2 lifestyle again? And can I reset my progress tracker so that my average weight loss isn't taken over the intervening months?

What do you all think? :razz:
Re: Feel like starting over...
21 Jul 2013, 13:23
And the magic answer is... "it depends!" :)
Why have you stopped and for how long?

I've been starting over myself, last thursday was my first fast day since may, and the second one is today. Thursday was not so easy, but I did it, and today goes surprisingly well. So, you can easily get back to the game, if you want.

So, should you start over? I'd say "YESSS!"

Regarding your progress tracker, you can't do reset it yourself. But you can send a message to Moogie, she (as admin) can do it for you.
21 Jul 2013, 18:19
I stopped because of low motivation... Lengthy plateau, food obsessing and REALLY hungry with mood swings....
21 Jul 2013, 19:30
Just give it a try! I had a really good loss after I came back from holiday and no 5:2, I think it often happens that you see a good loss the first couple of weeks!
21 Jul 2013, 19:41
Hope so as I am just starting back. Planning to fast tomorrow, first for months so it will be hard I know.
21 Jul 2013, 22:41
Welcome back all of you. You have nothing to loose but weight. this is a very forgiving way of eating. happy 5/2ing.
22 Jul 2013, 08:51
I think it's great that there are so many people starting over with 5:2! If you have needed a break, for whatever reason, then it's good to have you back on board. You know what to do and how to do it, so good luck on your weight loss journey. Onwards and downwards!
22 Jul 2013, 09:07
If you add some data to the tracker and set it to maintenance for that date it won't mess up our overall stats as it will assume you've been maintaining up until then (for the next weigh in you can put it back to weight loss).

I haven't set anything up to take maintenance periods into account when it calculates your personal average weekly loss. This is something I could look at doing.

Or if you want to delete all your tracker data and start again, just let me know and I'll scrap it!
22 Jul 2013, 17:04
Thanks for all the supportive words chaps! This time the motivation is to relieve a lot of skeletal pain, which although the physiotherapist is very cute, the physio is not actually having any effect!
Fasting tomorrow but have a birthday event in the evening, so its ore a day of restraint!
9 posts Page 1 of 1