The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Feeling Cold !!!
23 Jul 2013, 09:36
Hi, Had a fast day yesterday and again felt quite cold in the evening,It wasn't too hot up here in Yorkhire however I always feel cold in the eveing, even when its warm.. I do tend to have cold hands & feet :heart: So doe's any one no why :?: I have had a look but cant find any thing relating.. Curious :confused:
Re: Feeling Cold !!!
23 Jul 2013, 10:19
I am not a fan of te cold anyway, but find I definitely feel it more on days I fast. Think it's because we create heat burning up food energy. I try and move as mch as possible on fast days to counteract it, but would prefer to just live somewhere it never went below 25 degrees.
23 Jul 2013, 10:27
I have dug that up from the archives:

benefits-side-effects-f28/topic4386-15.html#p43599

And also someting on brown fat:

the-5-2-lab-f10/topic390.html
23 Jul 2013, 10:29
I used to get cold on fast days but they do settle down. I also suffer from cold feet, whether fasting or not, so socks are a godsend but they are not a good look if you are on the beach in your bikini :grin:

What is 'brow fat?' Is it some kind of variation of 'Scouse brow?' :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Jul 2013, 10:32
Ballerina wrote: What is 'brow fat?' Is it some kind of variation of 'Scouse brow?' :lol:

:lol:
23 Jul 2013, 10:35
Definitely to do with fasting so solutions are hot shower, ugg boots again may not look too cool with bikini but I dunno bay watch babes did it a while ago.

I just rug up since I know I am going to be colder on fast day.
23 Jul 2013, 10:42
Always, especially on fast days.
23 Jul 2013, 11:50
Thank you Gorba for the links very interesting !!! So not on my own,So won't moan anymore as the colder you are the more you loose (Brown Fat ugh!) Time to buy a onesie me thinks Keep Warm!!x
23 Jul 2013, 12:43
I always felt the cold on a fast day (I started in January) and used to sit in the office with a jumper and shawl, leggings, trousers and boots on, didn't quite dare to wear the fingerless gloves - queue merriment from everyone else in their T-shirts as the heating is always high! I haven't felt 'fasting cold' for quite some time but I didn't notice when it stopped!!!

Although my husband yelped the other day when it was in the high 20's and I wasn't feeling cold but had my ice cold hands and I touched his neck - he wanted to know if I was actually alive :lol:
23 Jul 2013, 13:53
I had the same thing yesterday! Although everybody else was burning up because of the high temperatures, I was actually 'ok'. That actually doesn't seem bad, but usually, I'm the one burning up at first! So at one side, it was ok, but on the other side it was a bit frightening. But now that I've read more stories here, I'm doing fine again:)
10 posts Page 1 of 1