The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
feeling really off colour!
18 Aug 2013, 12:30
Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice. I've been following this WOE for four or five weeks and in general I feel great but I've noticed that if I overindulge, even slightly, I feel rather unwell. Yesterday I had breakfast biscuits, an apple and a caramel macchiato on the morning then nothing until evening when I had roasted veg pasta. Not too bad so far. Then I had 2 glasses of white wine and a large bowl of popcorn while watching a movie. Today I feel as if I have a hangover, I cant keep off the loo and my head, eyes and ears ache! I have never had a hangover after 2 glasses of white wine! Do you think this could be as a result of eating much less in the week? Do I need to give up my weekend indulgenges? :frown:
Re: feeling really off colour!
18 Aug 2013, 13:15
I'm not a drinker, one glass every couple of months or so if that. However, went out for a meal on Thursday and had a glass of wine, after only a couple of sips could feel it going straight to my head so gave it away as was driving. I'm not sure if it does lower your alcohol tolerance, hopefully one of the more knowledgeable posters will resond to you. As I said, I don't really drink but even I noticed the immediate reaction to alcohol.
18 Aug 2013, 13:15
I'm not a drinker, one glass every couple of months or so if that. However, went out for a meal on Thursday and had a glass of wine, after only a couple of sips could feel it going straight to my head so gave it away as was driving. I'm not sure if it does lower your alcohol tolerance, hopefully one of the more knowledgeable posters will resond to you. As I said, I don't really drink but even I noticed the immediate reaction to alcohol.
18 Aug 2013, 13:24
Yes, this is fairly common. I have become a bit of a lightweight in the wine department too, but in my case probably a good thing, as the vino consumption had gradually crept up and up over the years, too often and too much! It makes perfect sense that if you're eating less then alcohol will have more of an effect. You can still enjoy your indulgences, just slightly smaller quantities. Do what I have done, treat yourself to better quality stuff and really savour and enjoy it in a more mindful way - it's just as much fun, honestly! :smile:
18 Aug 2013, 13:40
All part of the readjustments that come with this WoE! There's the now cliched 'listen to your body' , but it really is true, and yours is a great example! It's part of what is so good about this WoE, that you 'discover' a different way of eating naturally, rather than having to follow arbitrarily set 'rules' that are difficult to keep up ... You're not the first, and you won't be the last!
And dhana's advice is excellent - just treat yourself to some of the really good stuff, but less of it!!
:like: :clover: :heart: :cool:
18 Aug 2013, 13:49
Thanks everyone!

I've obviously just got to learn to be less greedy! I really dont want to spend my weekends feeling yucky but still want to enjoy a little tipple and takeaway occasionally! On the upside, I'm starting to feel a little better as the day goes on but dont tell my husband, he's running around looking after me and I'm really enjoying it :wink:
18 Aug 2013, 14:20
dhana wrote: Yes, this is fairly common. I have become a bit of a lightweight in the wine department too, but in my case probably a good thing, as the vino consumption had gradually crept up and up over the years, too often and too much! It makes perfect sense that if you're eating less then alcohol will have more of an effect. You can still enjoy your indulgences, just slightly smaller quantities. Do what I have done, treat yourself to better quality stuff and really savour and enjoy it in a more mindful way - it's just as much fun, honestly! :smile:

Same here one glass of wine and I'm done. Which is a good thing, as I too could put it away. I do associate weekends with the odd wine, and maybe a takeaway. But now with the help of my Fitbit, I'm more inclined to jump up and go for a brisk walk to keep my activity levels up. :confused:
18 Aug 2013, 16:14
Hi Kazzafornia Hope you are feeling a little better, for me I've not noticed my wine consumption ( usually 3 nights week ) becoming a problem but as soon as it does I would willingly cut back/or out because my weight loss is more important to me, listening to your body is a good piece of advice, and earlier today I did just that on one of my walks I noticed I wasn't enjoying it as I have many times before so I cut it short and came home not sure what that was all about but seeing nurse tomorrow so will mention this to her as I was also in considerable pain on reaching home. So listen to our bodies definitely :clover: Sue
8 posts Page 1 of 1