The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I'm on my second week of fasting and just completed my second fast of the week yesterday and today I just feel completley drained.

Waking up was tough, I fell asleep on the bus on the way to work (despite a very bumpy road and a not particularly comfortable headrest!) and I feel kind of 'out of it' today at work - hard to concentrate, still tired etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? It may be completely unrelated but I just wondered if it was all connected.

Thanks!
I have felt light headed and a bit zoned out at times and usually take it I need to make sure I am having enough fluids. I think I can say your body gets used to intermittent fasting and you feel more normal. Hope everything else is ok.
Fasting can lower your blood pressure quite a bit. I'm a low blood pressure type of person myself and I can have a very low pressure after a fast, like 57/102. Maybe that's what you're experiencing? Just have plenty of fluids and eat something. It will even itself out.
millysaurus wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm on my second week of fasting and just completed my second fast of the week yesterday and today I just feel completley drained.

Waking up was tough, I fell asleep on the bus on the way to work (despite a very bumpy road and a not particularly comfortable headrest!) and I feel kind of 'out of it' today at work - hard to concentrate, still tired etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? It may be completely unrelated but I just wondered if it was all connected.

Thanks!

Pretty much, yes! It sounds like you've been doing it properly!!

If you fasted yesterday you may well have not slept very well last night.

It does incur some BIG changes ....at least it did for me.

As I've said before just be cautious , especially when the weather is warm and muggy like now. The news is full of people chopping fingers off and such like and dietary changes sometimes mean head ain't always connected to the body.

For me, now, 13.5 stone which ahven't seen for looooong time.
Thanks guys,

That's reassuring! I've had my lunch now and do feel a little better. I think it will just take some getting used to!
5 posts Page 1 of 1