The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
fell off the wagon for a week
09 Mar 2014, 11:34
But getting back on it as from tomorrow.
I was thinking a crazy thought, should I buy clothes that a re a size too small and put them away to give me that extra boost to want to lose weight so I can wear them or is this a crappy idea?
Hello
Some people like an aspirational item of clothing. I do have a pair of purple jeans in a small 14 waiting for me. :geek:
If you think it will work do it. I have a size 14 dress in my wardrobe waiting for me.
humptydumpty wrote: I was thinking a crazy thought, should I buy clothes that a re a size too small and put them away to give me that extra boost to want to lose weight so I can wear them or is this a crappy idea?

I did that for years and never lost the weight but after 5:2 I now have a new, old wardrobe of clothes, so, I'd say! YES, go for it

Ballerina x :heart:
I have a denim jacket I had embroidered and wore when on my bike in my teens. That, I hope to one day wear. It does happen to be over 30 years old, I have carried it with me all this time as a 'one day I will wear it again'.The embroidery is as bright as ever because its hardly seen the light of day. So go for one item of clothing.

I would go for something classical rather than ultra fashionable or seasonal as you may not lose enough weight before fashions change or the seasons change. So a pair of jeans would be a good idea as they aren't going out of fashion anytime soon and you can wear them summer or winter.
I did that....bought a few size 12 trousers in the sales before Christmas and was in them before I realised!! It was a great feeling having something to aim for.....good job I didn't go too mad because I am now a size 10. I wear the baggy ones round the house so I am not wasting them. All my original size 14 stuff went to the Salvation Army as they do such a good job looking after homeless people. One really nice item is an incentive. Good luck @humptydumpty :clover:
Yes, if it feels right for you go for it. I bought a beautiful silk summer skirt yesterday from a shop in Greenwich. It's one size fits all, wrap over so I'll get lots of use. I was not looking to buy, but the beautiful print and colours shouted out at me - it had my name on it.
Hope all goes well for you this week :clover:
Hehehe humpty dumpty falls off a wall not a wagon!
Sorry bout that HD x
If you feel it will help you,do it
I used to do that,but i found the too small items pressured me, and then i ate more..i am sooooo weakwilled..
But i can see how for many this is a real incentive to lose weight x
Hi @humptydumpty

I've bought myself a pink one shoulder dress to get into so go for it if you think it'll spur you on :like: . I only bought one item though and have found that seems enough to inspire me :smile: :heart:
9 posts Page 1 of 1