The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Not sure if this is weird...but basically I'm finding it really hard to eat normally on the non fasting days! I guess my appetite just isn't there so today for instance I didn't have breakfast and had a slice of toast for lunch!

Part of me thinks, we'll it's all less calories so it's fine BUT if I'm not eating properly will the diet not work because it's not intermittent fasting as such??
Did you have a hungry phase too? It sorts itself out but do try to eat some protein and fats in the day but you don't need every meal.

I find if I don't eat properly on feed days, fast days can be harder so I make an effort to eat but the best thing is to not worry and relax. I
I generally take note of what my body wants, when it's not hungry I don't feed it but when it is I try to feed it good stuff but when it's calling for a sausage in batter how can I say no hahaha unless it's a fast day then i just ignore myself. Don't worry about it I'm sure you'll be posting I'm so hungry and can't stop eating at some point so just go with the flow :smile:
I do get hungry on fast days but can easily ignore that....which is what I do on normal days...even though I know I shouldn't! I guess I'm just worrying as people have always said to me that your body will store your fat if you don't eat (I've always found it easy not to eat all day).

This is only my second week so it's all a learning curve I guess! Thank you.
It does get easier. However, if you have any inkling you might end up not eating at all, just think brain needs fuel & eat with some structure.
Definitely reduced appetite on feast days. (am 3 months into this way of life)
Doesnt worry me as long as im eating good stuff and then the occasional cake and ice cream.

But im fairly brainwashed now and just know if i overindulge on those nice treats that any efforts i may need to endure on fast days is just wasted.

I might start to enjoy an icecream and think.. well if i finish the whole tub its just undone all my good work so dont do it. and never do. Didnt think i can have this willpower but i think the forum community really helps. So thanks Moogie and everyone who is here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1