The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Finding today tough
29 Aug 2013, 11:35
Second fast today since returning from holiday and I'm finding it a tough one. We didn't fast while away, and this Monday's fast was easy - I was ready for the break, but today I'm really having to fight the urge to eat.

Not sure if it's just getting back in the swing of it, or just that today is a bit colder than it has been, or it's just I'm at home with the kids. Whoozy head, which hasn't been cured by the usual pinch of salt. On the verge of caving in and eating lunch with them, but thought I'd post here first in an effort to stop myself.
Re: Finding today tough
29 Aug 2013, 11:39
Have you got anything low cal you could eat to help with the woosey head, then carry on with the fast as planned ?

If you can get past this, you will feel so much better tomorrow knowing you didn't cave in - and of course, you can eat what you want on Friday :like:
29 Aug 2013, 11:39
You can do it! I always find the first few back after a holiday to be the hardest. Just think of the sense of achievement when you've done it! :)
29 Aug 2013, 11:49
Stop!! Don't give in. Food will taste so much better tomorrow of you finish your fast today.
I'm sure you can do it. :cool:
29 Aug 2013, 12:13
Thanks for the support everyone - making a cup of herbal tea now to try and keep me going.
29 Aug 2013, 12:30
Holidays have us all struggling on our return to fasting and if it only ends up half fastday then so be it maybe another half tomorrow but by now your probably a good halfway through today's fast !!! Also school holidays must be extremely difficult for all you young mums so basically do whatever you can until they return even skipping breakfast daily will help its still less calories. Good Luck :clover: Sue
29 Aug 2013, 15:00
Wouldn't call me young! Kids are young, but not me

Anyway, I'm still hanging on for the day. Had an apple an hour ago and just another hour to go and then I can cook a big stir fry for us all and I'll have survived!
29 Aug 2013, 15:11
Keep going No More Mrs Michelin. I am finding today tough like you and for the same reasons - been on holiday. I have 50 minutes left before I can leap out the office door and thats my struggle over as I'll have other things to occupy me until I get home to cook my wonderful stir-fry for dinner. :grin:
29 Aug 2013, 16:11
Well done for not succumbing! Enjoy your stir fry and bask in your sense of accomplishment tomorrow! :0)
29 Aug 2013, 18:56
Done it! Well, OK I'm not in bed this early, but once I get to this time of the evening I know I can survive. Just a nice cup of tea as soon as eldest son has gone to bed and that's me done. Hope the results are worth it in the morning as it's felt a bit like I did at the start of this WOE today - real carb cravings all day...
29 Aug 2013, 19:25
That was inspiring!!! I'm going on an business trip next week but I'm staying at a hotel full of restaurants and bars and I'm so afraid that not only I will gain but I will also come back and won't be able to fast.

I'll bookmark this thread and read it again and again when I return.
29 Aug 2013, 19:35
Well done to you. I too have recently returned from 2 weeks holiday and put on just over 2 kgs but what the hell. It was one of the best hols we've ever had, thanks to great company and fab Queensland weather!
I lost most of the extra weight last week, my first week back and more than that this week so pretty rapt with that effort. When I feel the urge to cheat on a fast, I nibble on whole meal rice crackers and that helps me through. Doesn't seem to have an adverse effect on the scales either! Sometimes a small piece of 80% dark chocolate also helps, believe it or not! Since when didn't chocolate fix everything?!
Keep on doing what you are able to do, I'm sure it's helping us even if it doesn't always show on the scales!
TGIF today, bring on the weekend!
30 Aug 2013, 09:27
:victory: Hurray - it was worth it - the holiday weight is gone in one week! Waist not back on track yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. Thanks to this forum I stuck it out yesterday despite many many temptations. I'm so glad I came and posted yesterday, it's lovely having the support here. :handshake: :high5:
30 Aug 2013, 19:01
Well done!! :victory:
16 posts Page 1 of 2