The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
First day today.
25 Nov 2013, 22:13
Hi everyone. I'm new here and started my first fast today. I was pleasantly surprised. A little hungry but mentally it hasn't been hard at all.

Maybe I'm running on reserves! Ha ha. But anyway, great first day and I'm looking forward to my breakfast in the morning. Hmmm, crumpet with peanut butter I think.

Night night, new friends

:smile:

Debbi
Re: First day today.
25 Nov 2013, 22:16
see Debbie, you didn't pass away with hunger did you? :wink: Well done anyway on your successful first fast, bet you feel really proud of yourself now and eager to carry on. :like:
25 Nov 2013, 22:23
Hi! Good luck. I'm fairly new too. I don't mind the fasting too much as long as I keep busy. (which is easy at work!) Enjoy your breakfast!
25 Nov 2013, 22:29
Well done and it gets easier. I don't even notice if my tummy rumbles any more.
25 Nov 2013, 22:48
Welcome ... its an exciting time to be starting something new :-)

I did my first fast/day yesterday, the fast was harder than I expected. funnily enough, I felt a bit lightheaded this morning after breakfast but I think my blood sugar tanked after having a spoonful of honey with my porridge. Now the day is nearly over I feel back to normal and ready to face another fast, on Wednesday
26 Nov 2013, 08:22
Thanks everyone. :smile:

Woke up this morning feeling great! Had my crumpet and peanut butter and also some grapes, banana and WW vanilla yoghurt. Feel all energised. Going out for lunch and dinner tonight but will eat well. I am just so pleased I don't have to worry about points anymore!

Freedom!!

Have a great day everyone.

Debbi
26 Nov 2013, 09:07
Welcome Debbi. Glad you enjoyed your first fast day :like:
26 Nov 2013, 09:17
Welcome to a whole new way of life and goodbye to the pounds Debbi (and those pesky points).
26 Nov 2013, 12:02
Well done on your successful first day of many :)

I started yesterday too and I think the fact its just for one day gets you through, i'm surprised today - I thought I may pig out a bit but I haven't, had my normal breakfast and just about to have lunch, thought I would be well snacking like crazy.
26 Nov 2013, 12:48
The day after a fast is always a surprise to new fasters. You don't go mad in the morning, you don't raid the fridge or cupboard in a frenzy of hunger. What you desperately crave from the night before is not what you feel like having in the morning.
Many on 5:2 after a short while find they can't actually eat till lunch time the day after a fast. Its takes a little time to come out of fasting mode.

Se how it takes you, everyone is different and 5:2 allows for that.
10 posts Page 1 of 1