The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
First Fast day Need help
23 Jul 2013, 19:19
Hey all, well i started my first day. I work shifts and at 7am this morning i started. I'm on nights this week and thought it would be the perfect time to start as most of the day i have been in bed. I've just eaten now and worked at what to take to work with me tonight as my dinner but i've still got 97 cals left and wanna make sure i'm doing it right.

Breakfast/Lunch

1 medium egg 88 cals
Button Mushrooms 51g 8 cals
1 slice of carvery ham 29 cals

Made an omelette with no milk no butter/oil

Then dinner is

Light Choices Quiche 100g 180 cals
100g cherry tomatoes 22 cals
KP skips 1 packet 76 cals

Total 403.
Is this right?
Re: First Fast day Need help
23 Jul 2013, 19:36
Hi and welcome:

Sounds good to me. You can eat anything you want as long as it totals 500 cal. or less during your waking hours. I try to eat foods I really enjoy. Many find fats and protein work better than carbs because they leave you less hungry. Many find, after awhile, that it is better for them just not to eat anything on their fast days.

You will work out what is best for you over time. Just work on doing your fast days correctly for now, and give it a chance. :clover:
Re: First Fast day Need help
23 Jul 2013, 20:02
Phew.......

I know it's my first fast, but i'm really enjoying it but i have had moments of dreaming of food..... hehehe

Thank you very much for the advice :-)
3 posts Page 1 of 1