The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
First gain in 14 weeks
18 Oct 2013, 09:59
I'm really disappointed with myself! I'm up 1lb today on the back of a weekend away and another meal out during the week. My 2 fast days were perfect but it was over doing it on the other days that got me. Just wanted to vent!
Re: First gain in 14 weeks
18 Oct 2013, 10:33
Don't be too hard on yourself, you've done brilliantly so far, one tiny pound is not really such a big deal and will most likely be gone in no time at all. :heart:
18 Oct 2013, 10:43
Hey jejum. You are not alone. I gained a pound and a half this week too and I'm about to go on holiday :bugeyes: :bugeyes: I'm sure we will lose it quickly. Chin up.
18 Oct 2013, 11:14
rawkaren wrote: Hey jejum. You are not alone. I gained a pound and a half this week too and I'm about to go on holiday :bugeyes: :bugeyes: I'm sure we will lose it quickly. Chin up.

Thanks I'm off to my hometown for 10 days on Tuesday so I think there may be another pound or 2 waiting for me there! Good luck with the hols!
18 Oct 2013, 11:16
Well if its the first time in 14 weeks,youve been doing great for the last 13 at least!
You will soon drop it again ..its just a blip x
18 Oct 2013, 11:30
No polite way to say it peeps.... 1lb gain....go have a poo!!

That'll sort it ;)
18 Oct 2013, 11:54
It could well just be water retention or something that hasn't passed through yet. A 1lb 'gain' is so small it can just be natural variation even due to all sorts of reasons. I'm sure it'll be gone by next weigh in, and probably with a bit more gone too.

We're all going to vary a bit from day to day as well as in the long term - 1lb up here, 1lb down there. Nothing to worry about as long as you don't keep gaining. You've got the 5:2 tool in your belt to maintain control!
18 Oct 2013, 14:35
You should be so happy with yourself to have done 13 weeks and not to have a gain. For me it was a half lb gain at week 4. Don't worry about it, you had a nice weekend and it will be gone next week.
Dee :)
18 Oct 2013, 14:45
Have you eaten lots of carbs? If I eat carbs, for a day or so I retain a lot more weight in water than the weight of the carbs that I originally ate.
18 Oct 2013, 14:51
Actually I have eaten a lot of carbs, particularly white bread which I haven't had in ages
10 posts Page 1 of 1