The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Don't think this article was posted yet

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 39181.html
Interesting replies... everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess :-)
I read a NHS article 2 days ago I can't find now but the comments were really angry about that said articles, it was really interesting as the NHS writer seemed to have write that article without any research done....

I'll try to find it on my phone and put the link here
I struggle to read these articles now, they always seem so badly written/researched and the comments make my blood boil! 5:2 isn't a fad, dagnammit!
Thanks for that Manderley, very interesting and I agree with Moogie but still love to read the comments as everyone is an expert, well they are certainly experts in their own beliefs :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
It's not the fact that some people think it's a fad diet that makes my skin crawl (a fad diet that makes me lose 40 kilos....) but when they say it's a quick fix as if it was quick and easy. It's crazy, as is the thought most of them have than in the feast days we binge and don't have a sensible diet. They don't understand that it gives a new approach on food, develop taste, learn to understand the messages our body gives us and learn to know when to stop eating when we're full or to recognize the true hunger with hunger because we're bored or thirsty

They're loss IMHO :wink:
Yes, they didn't actually talk to anyone following 5:2, just 'a journalist' (probably the one the reporter was sat next to in the office) who 'plans on starting'.

I could tell them how I've lost my 3lb Christmas gain in 2 fasts this week, and have also enjoyed chocolate chip cookies, buttered toast, curry (and carby rice!) and all the 'normal' food I would not be able to have on almost any other diet. And not a single calorie was counted. Yes I didn't binge but I didn't deny myself anything that I really fancied eating either. I now feel I have total food freedom.

I could tell them how I am now wearing a pair of size 10 super skinny jeans which, 8 months ago would have been far too small and even last week felt a bit snug.

I could tell them that I feel fantastic, and have not spent a single penny on 5:2 merchandise/special foods/weighing scales etc.

But I guess that wouldn't make a very interesting read, would it?
People don't seem to get how the point of this is that you are not deprived, so you never feel like you HAVE to eat something! I was on such a vicious cycle on Weight Watchers of loading up on all the "bad" foods before I started again. Yes, supposedly you can eat anything on WW, but really if you are staying within the points. So, you still feel somewhat deprived. This diet is really freedom from dieting and that's what will make it work in the short and long term!
Moogie wrote: I struggle to read these articles now, they always seem so badly written/researched and the comments make my blood boil! 5:2 isn't a fad, dagnammit!

Me too, my blood is boiling right now! You DO NOT get the same health benefits if you restrict your calories every day. It's the modified fasting that works it's magic and I do wish the press would research their articles before they go into print! "NEVER believe anything you read in the press!", whoever said that was very sensible.
9 posts Page 1 of 1