The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Fitbit Total Daily Cals burned
10 Sep 2013, 07:03
Hi

I've been back doing 5:2 since middle of July as first time round had hardly any success with it.

This time around so far I have lost 4 lb's in 7 weeks! Yep its slow but at least this time I appear to be losing.

I changed a few things in that I don't split my 500 cals between 3 meals i just have one meal at the end of the fast day also i try to low carb where possible and I have encorporated lots of exercise - I do 3 x combat classes and 3 x couch25k runs per week and lots of walking.

On non fast days i have been eating around 1700 cals on average sometimes lower sometimes 100 higher - but over all in the 5 days its been 1700 cals average.

Today I had my FITBIT report which shows that my average cals burned are 2525 per day.

So question is am i eating the right amount of cals on my fast days and non fast days do you think?

Just like to point out i've had my fitbit since end of June and used to only do 3000 steps per day as i work full time in a office and never used to workout at all.
Now i average 12000 steps per day equating to 6miles :) Best thing i've invested in!

Any advice welcome.

T
Sounds good to me. I'm not sure if the fitbit thing does not exaggerate calories burned somewhat, 12,000 steps at walking pace would perhaps be about 420 calories to add to your BMR, which depends on your weight - if you put your figures in the tracker and let us see them it would help us advise you better but I think you should just carry on as you are for a while longer, especially the one-meal approach to fast days. Good luck!
Hi Pete

Not all my steps are from walking I burn 500cals plus with my body combat as I also have a heart rate monitor :) I walk during my lunch half hour at work which is around 1.5 miles.

I guess i just keep on keeping on :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1