The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I used to be fat. I've lost some weight, but my stomach is still somewhat flabby. I am not talking about "no 6 packs". When I stand, the stomach looks almost flat. When I sit, the stomach kind of droops forward with the loose skin & fat. If I keep losing weight, would my stomach be completely flat? I am 172cm & 60.3kg. I don't do any exercise these days (couldn't keep up exercises with my diet routine). {EDITED - EXTREME, DANGEROUS AND UNWISE DIET PLAN REMOVED.} After I am done diet, I plan to work on reverse dieting to speed up my metabolism without increasing weight. Then, I am going to get back to my exercises while eating normally.
Exercise will definitely help, but unfortunately if there was a diet which got rid of belly fat the inventor would be a millionaire! I know of body builders who can do it to show their muscles but threats far too extreme,
@bearonadiet, you can't target fat loss specifically on your stomach but if you continue to lose weight then some of that will go, along with the rest. Stretched skin may tighten (depends on your skin type but, more importantly, your age) and if you tone up the underlying muscles that will also help to flatten your stomach.
I am sixty six years old and have to have a balance between how much I need a flat stomach and how many more wrinkles my face can take! Three children, forty plus years of yo-yo dieting and my age and only now have I finally got the understanding that my body is never going to look like it did in my early twenties - no matter how much weight I lose - so I am at a healthy weight and have settled for that.
It should be possible for you to do some exercise whilst you are in the weight loss phase of your plan. Why wait until you have reached your target? Pilates, or something similar, will get the toning process started.
Your diet plan sounds very drastic to me. Are you really only eating one meal in every 48 hour period and if so, why? Even if you were doing 4:3 you would still lose weight, your metabolism wouldn't need speeding up when you reach your target and you would be able to exercise, even on your fasting days. Weight loss is not a race and your goal should be to find a way of eating which you can keep up for the rest of your life.
Sorry if what I am saying is unwelcome but I have only your best interests in mind. I am hoping that I have misunderstood your eating plan but , if not, please reconsider it and its potential for harm.
I can't keep up with exercises for my current meal plan. I am trying to lose weight as fast as possible so that I can look good as soon as possible. Also, I get to start eating normally earlier. Going to work on reverse dieting & exercises after I reach my target weight.
Hi there,
Glad to hear you have joined our community and wish you success. The ethos of this forum is to change our thinking from dieting to a long term change in our eating habits and thinking. As we all know, we gain weight over a long period of time and we aim to lose it slowly too.
Please be careful how you approach fasting, for various reasons, we don't promote fasting over long periods, but as a way of changing our habits for life. I only say this out of concern and as a way of supporting you through your journey.
There is a lot of very useful information here, plus a wealth of experience as Stowgateresident has demonstrated. :heart: :heart:
And good luck :heart: :heart:
Stow gate resident speaks sense. One thought springs to mind about your eating normally. Is this a new normal or your old normal? Your old normal will negate all your effort (sorry if you've thought of that but amazing how many of us don't grasp that - again something Stowegate referred to).
6 posts Page 1 of 1