The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
flu shots
08 Oct 2013, 15:21
Hi all, I am scheduled to get a flu shot at work today and I am fasting today. Do you think it's a good idea to continue fasting and get the vaccine or would that put too much stress on my body at once?
Re: flu shots
08 Oct 2013, 15:32
Hmmmm, personally I would just continue as normal but then I always have my 500 cal dinner. You've been fasting for quite awhile and your body should be used to it. Play it by ear and see how you feel?
08 Oct 2013, 16:16
I agree. Get your jab and play it by ear.

I tend to need to sleep off my flu jab as I always feel a bit "fluey" after for a day. I need to book mine with my GP this week and I'm planning to get it on a fast day if I can so I can take it easy and sleep if I need to (the joy of home-working - siestas on tap!).
08 Oct 2013, 17:22
I had my (double-strength for those over 65) flu shot last Thursday on my fast day/exercise class day) The only thing I felt was a little soreness in the arm, which would have been there any way.
08 Oct 2013, 20:55
I have decided not to have mine this year as I was very poorly last year after it. I was recovering from Whooping cough and the jab just seemed to knock me back into it but it was so unpleasant that I don't want to go through that again. I have to say that it was the first time I'd ever had a problem, post jab but of course hubs suffered terribly, always does. I can only assume I get the boring common or garden flu jab and he gets the, now world famous version, 'Man Flu Jab'! :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
5 posts Page 1 of 1