The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Food and/or drink
04 Nov 2013, 03:14
For those of you who like a few cheeky bevvys, do you think of alcohol in the same way you do food, or even more so?

Would you rather save calories for a drink or is it an absolute waste and you want all the food you can get?

Do you count calories in alcohol or just forget about them?

Do you drink on fast days? Did you and you've now stopped 2 days a week? Did you maybe not drink before but are now finding you can?

Thought this may be an interesting topic :)

Lil :heart:
Re: Food and/or drink
04 Nov 2013, 04:09
Certainly partial to a bevvy, but not in the quantities of old :wink:
I go for quality these days and would rather eat than drink, but I know there are some on here who like to save a few calories for a small snifter!
04 Nov 2013, 04:30
I've always hated to waste calories on drink over food even long before I discovered 5:2.
04 Nov 2013, 08:08
I count them as they are typically my undoing and don't drink on fast days.
04 Nov 2013, 08:26
I certainly enjoy a drink, but dont drink during the week, and definately not on fast days, seems like such a waste of calories, not to mention lowering your willpower for a fast!
However weekends are a very different story, a fine Marlborough sav blanc, or Gibbston pinot goes down very nicely :drink: :drink: :lol:
04 Nov 2013, 08:30
I dont drink on a fast day - that bit of time off is one of the big health benefits for me. But otherwise, drink is more important to me than food
04 Nov 2013, 08:32
Much as I love a glass of wine, I always find I end up with a fat(ter) face...so I try and avoid...except for Sundays when I'll have a glass with lunch or, of course, if I'm going out! :bugeyes:
04 Nov 2013, 08:48
One of the added health benefits of 5:2 is for me no alcohol on fast days. I'd rather have some extra strawberries or an egg! For that reason alone no fasting for me Friday-Sunday.
04 Nov 2013, 10:02
I do like a drink. Not on fast days, but definitely on the weekend and occasionally during the week. Often it's what I eat that'll drive it - a glass of big red with a steak, a Belgium beer with some mussels or a gin and tonic just because I can :-)

It's what I love about this WOE - no denying myself. I think I'm probably slowing down the speed I drink and really savouring it since I started 5:2 - I'm more mindful of what I'm eating and drinking, appreciating it more.
04 Nov 2013, 13:21
I don't drink on fast days (unless i've had a really awful day and want a glass of wine, in which case i'll water it right down).

I don't tend to count the calories in alcohol. I probably should but I just can't be bothered.
04 Nov 2013, 20:07
I'm with you, Minumonline - you sound exactly like me - offer me chocolate (or any dessert) and I'll say no, but please fill my wine glass one more time !!!! No alcohol on fast days, though, which is a plus of course.
04 Nov 2013, 20:20
I don't drink on fast days either. I wouldn't want to waste the calories, so prefer to take a small dessert with my supper ( eg.stewed fruit or fruit salad). This makes me feel fuller and helps sort my sweet tooth a bit!
I haven't checked recently, but rather feel that the daily allowance could easily be enjoyed from a couple of glasses of wine. (This could induce a headache, and as someone else said, reduce one's resolve to keep going!)
I'll save the wine for the weekend!
12 posts Page 1 of 1