The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
You know what I mean! :cloudy: :deadrose: :cloudy:
Unfortunately, we don't have a dog I can blame, so I'm not usually a great cabbage eater...but I saw the idea of eating cabbage instead of pasta and tried it, excellent! But the amazing thing was ... NO side-effects! :rainbow: :rose: :rainbow: I think this is because it was a pointy white cabbage instead of a normal shaped one. I'm so pleased that I've bought another couple!
Try it!
It is called 'sweetheart' cabbage and is lovely gently done in butter and pepper, yum yum :starving:

Ballerina x :heart:
Thank you @Ballerina, I didn't know its name!
I'll try it your way (but not tomorrow, because it's a fast day), it sounds nice.
Haha I had savoy cabbage tonight.........I'm blaming the dog!!
I think I must be very lucky; nothing seems to affect me that way. I'm fine with pulses. cabbage, jerusalem artichokes. Mushrooms sometimes get to me, but only if I eat a whole punnet at a time anyway. I eat loads of cabbage, all varieties. Sweetheart are lovely, and I adore savoy. Love kale, spinach and chard as well.

I have read that parsley helps counteract the problem. Try adding some into your problematic dishes, perhaps?
Here's what works for me, I bring to a boil water with the juice of a lemon, put the cabbage, the cauliflower, the sprouts, in it for a few minutes (to blanch)and only after I cook it :wink:
6 posts Page 1 of 1