The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
I was doing some research on the internet for a friend of mine who is interested but speaks English as a Spanish cow (parle anglais comme une vache espagnole) as we say here, which means she doesn't speak English and so couldn't come here and I found this site

http://www.regime-cinq-deux.com/index.html

There is a forum, even if it's a pretty empty one. I didn't read it yet but I am not sure it's serious enough.

What do you think ?

Is there a French (or in French anyway) serious forum somewhere ?

I know English is a universal language but, unfortunately, everybody can't speak or read it :cry:
Hi Manderley!

just read your post, i am french originally but live in the UK, my sister is also doing the 5.2 in France and she gave me some links on a couple of good sites they have over there, but as am work i dont have them saved here, they are at home so will send you the links later!!

hope that will help!

Angie x
I've never seen one, and looking at the forum you found it's everything I hate about French dieting - recommending vegetables from group 1 and 2 (? no idea what that means) and precise amounts of meat with a dessert of yoghurt/petit suisse has nothing to do with nutrition and nothing to do with 5:2.

What I really like about this forum is that it's just peoples ideas and ways of doing things, there is no authority to tell you what to eat and when, I think that's what makes this different for me and what makes the French site like all of the other diets.

Why don't you start one??
'Parle anglaise comme un vache espagnole' is well up with 'Dans la semaine des quatre jeudis' as an example of stylish french sayings - love it!
My curiosity is piqued by the soup recipe which claims to get rid of fat, and is the food of choice pre-op for obesity. It is a vegetable soup consisting of onions, cabbage, celery, green and red peppers, and although I am sure it is low cal can't work out the claim that it burns fat better than other foods? I would take it with a pinch or soupcon of salt.
Thanks Angie :like:

Why do I start one ? Well, I don't know how to do it. I did start a forum years ago but it didn't last long. And I would want a serious forum with true informations as we have here.

I was looking at it and it's confusing. I mean, you have a mixture of languages, some thread are in English, other in German, Deutsch and even Russian, I think.

The threads are not in the right forums :confused:

Some threads have nothing to do with 5:2; I mean AT ALL (there are several discussion about Louis Vuitton bags or purse) :confused:

I don't think I am harsh saying it's a big bag of rubbish :shock: :curse:

Dhana, the soup is nothing more than a traditionnal cabbage soup and I don't think it's a calories or fat burning. Not more than another soup anyway which is supposed to be low cal anyway
Well, look what I just found out, chasing the derivation of 'in the week of four Thursdays' (which in English is 'never in a month of Sundays', by the way Manderley) it originally started as the week of two Thursdays, when Thursday was a feast day and you did not get two in one week - Friday was a lean day eating fish or similar.
Over time the saying went from two to three to four Thursdays - funnier, and even less likely I suppose.

From the point of 5:2, though, I should like to propose that we are currently eating in the style of 'Dans la semaine des cinq jeudis' - because we are suppose to have five feast days a week!

Maybe this could be the strap line for your new French forum???

Edit - changed quinze to cinq - getting very rusty in French!
I would be happy to start up some other language boards here if there's demand, though not sure how much of the tracker etc I could translate (as I never designed it with multiple languages in mind) so users can discuss in other languages - although it would make moderation a bit tricky if we don't understand what they're saying!

There's always Google Translate, which doesn't do too bad a job of making things mostly understandable as long as the English isn't written too badly ;)
Speaks French like a Spanish cow, LOLOLOL!!!

In the content of "dans la semaine des quatre jeudis" Greeks have "in the month with no Saturday" and "at the 32nd of the month".

Manderley, I checked the link and I don't like the layout at all. I didn't read anything since French is my nightmare language (sorry!!!) but from the looks of it I wouldn't want to be a member there. :-(
Dhana, this is the base of the cabbage soup diet. My mum does it twice or thrice a year after Xmas, Easter and summer holidays because she always gains some weight. The results are indeed amazing (3-4 kilos in a week-10 days) but the soup is disgusting!!!
Moogie, it's just a suggestion, of course, but maybe a few people whose first language is French could moderate a forum in French ? Or help moderate it anyway. I think it would be a good idea to expand for people who don't understand or speak English or who are not comfortable enough to speak English.

This forum where we are now could be the "master forum" with some "sister forums". It could help keeping it simple and, most of all, serious, which is really important.

For the translation, I am sure there are enough people who speak English and French here and everybody could translate a little bit of the rules and the explanations of the diet.

What do you think ?
Ah, zut alors, ze cabbage zoup. mais non, c'est degoutant ca, actually, I should have recognized it as I did it once for about 3 days in the very distant past!
Dhana, it's not just the past that becomes a distant memory with cabbage soup, you get nostalgic for your innards as well :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
Defo a good idea have some French-speaking moderators in that case. What I'd suggest initially is a single board for French discussion and if it proves popular we can look at adding additional forums to the French area.
Bing translate is very good too.
19 posts Page 1 of 2