The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Friday 13th woe with this WOE!
13 Dec 2013, 13:39
I'm a bit fed up today as the scales show a 2lb gain since my last weigh-in 2 weeks ago. :frown:

I've had a bad cold the last 10 days or so and haven't been to the gym. I usually go on each fast day and run about 2.5 miles on the treadmill, and I'm sure I'm missing that activity. Add to this the fact I've had little energy for anything but sleeping, mooching and moaning, and I reckon I've gone over my TDEE on non-fast days. Even so I don't think I've done so to the tune of 7,000 calories! :confused:

So I guess it's one of those 'have patience' moments. I'd like very much to have got to my Xmas Club goal but now it's looking slim. Friday 13th unlucky for some! :cry:

I hope others are having a better day today!
Sorry to hear you are not feeling too happy today Lizzie, I hope you soon feel well again. I'm sure that you will soon be able to lose the extra weight, it could be just a blip, the tape measure might tell a better story.

Friday 13th is only unlucky if you believe it to be, looking out of my window here in Cornwall everything is damp and dull, if you have the same in Sussex then that would only add to your gloom - so I'm sending you lots of bright sunshine and hope, along with an open fire and a drink of your choice, not forgetting the fluffy kitten to sit on your lap and a puppy dog to keep you entertained. I hope all that will help you to feel better.

Big hugs x :heart: :smile: :cat2: :clover: :dog: :heart: :grin: :drink: :clover:
Thanks Coffeetime! Yes it's dull as anything here, so the sunshine, open fire, kitten and drink all sounds lovely. :heart:
I hear you...sorry you are ill. motivation is hard when your are full of snot. We could blame that for the gain! I think our bodies hang onto water when we are ill anyway. Au least you are armed with all the tools to get back into 5.2 when you are feeling better.
Never mind Lizzie..hope you get better soon
Sometimes our bodies just do their own thing in a mysterious and disappointing way..but next time, could be much better news! X keep the faith!
carieoates wrote: I hear you...sorry you are ill. motivation is hard when your are full of snot. We could blame that for the gain! I think our bodies hang onto water when we are ill anyway. Au least you are armed with all the tools to get back into 5.2 when you are feeling better.

This winter I'm hoping to avoid the snottiness, I'm doing a sort of self experiment to see if milk products really increase mucus. I was always told this was so but have since read that milk doesn't affect it. Time will tell!

At the end of March I stopped eating dairy products, not for that reason, I just didn't like milk any more, but as I always suffer from catarrh and excessive phlegm it will be interesting to see if the mucus problem will improve.

Apologies, I hope nobody is eating when reading this!
6 posts Page 1 of 1