The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Frozen meals on fast day
14 Feb 2014, 00:20
I realize most if you are from the uk. So you may not know the foods in asking about but here goes. I know the 500 fast day calories should ideally be low glycemic and nutritious. Was wondering if it's ok to use the bulk of them (say 300) on a midday frozen diet meal (like lean cuisine). I feel like I will feel satisfied and thaf I have had something substantial. Thoughts?
Re: Frozen meals on fast day
14 Feb 2014, 00:27
Anything is ok if you stay under 500 cals. Most people here are saving the bulk of their calories for the evening meal, but in Krista Varady's ADF experiments, the participants have their calories at midday.

There's nothing wrong with what you suggest, but you may find you need to experiment.
14 Feb 2014, 00:29
Hiya x i havent seen Lean Cuisine for years but if i remember rightly,they were rather nice,but a bit unsubstantial....for the same cals you could have a chicken breast or fish and a ton of green veg
But this WOL is about what suits you best,so if it ' ll work for you,go for it..and then customise it as you go along..You may find in the long run,like lots of people,ypu prefer to keep yr cals til the evening as they get hungrier if they eat during the day
But we are all different..if you had a 300 cal LC for lunch, whatwould you use up yr other 200 cals on? X
14 Feb 2014, 00:42
Coffee with milk and maybe a fruit. I workout in the morning so I worry about making it till evening
14 Feb 2014, 00:52
Whichever way you cut it,500 cals aint much is it,but for me, i cdnt sleep if i hadnt eaten since lunch apart from a piece of fruit..
Good on you for working out..Some people on here find working out on fast days isnt a problem.
All you can do its try and work out your own regime,chopping and changing til you find whatever is best for you xx good luck! You' ll soon be in the swing of it!
14 Feb 2014, 01:05
Thank you for your response. Tomorrow is my first fast day and I'm scared but excited
15 Feb 2014, 14:21
Sure they're fine, but pay attention to the calorie amounts-some of the light ones still have quite a bit of calories. Look for ones in the 200 calorie range and also add veggies to them, to give them a bit more bulk :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1