The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Glastonbury fasting success!
27 Jun 2016, 11:24
Just got back from being an Oxfam steward at Glastonbury for one week, had excellent time PLENTY of daily exercise (mud, mud, glorious mud. ...) was only eating twice a day really as was too busy/too far from food I fancied eating/not easy to snack, drinking loads of water. .. and on return I find I am exactly the weight I was aged 16! A miracle! I fully expect to lose a further pound once I've cleaned my fingernails properly.....
Well done, sign me up for Glastonbury next year if that's the results you get!
Thanks @wildmissus, I see it as a boot camp - such a lot of walking and dancing, usually in good company, mind taken off food largely, also, really helping the festival goers so I find the 3 eight hour shifts are enjoyable and go fast. My husband doesn't like camping so I go on my own, it's very safe as the stewards all camp together in a secure site. I only started doing this at the age of 51 at the invitation of a stewarding friend having never been to a festival (late starter), I have enjoyed all the festivals I've been to whether I've gone with friends or alone - I've always met other stewards I've liked . When on my own I have discovered that I have a tendency to eat twice a day so it's a naturally occurring eating window. I have felt really healthy on return every time I've done stewarding, but this is the now the lightest I've been for about 20 years. ...before 2013 when I first put my toe in the water of 5:2 I fully anticipated continuing my slow slide into a fat middle/old age, so grateful to Michael Moseley, Mimi Spencer, Moogie and everyone on the fastday forum for helping me stop the rot!
Oh that sounds such a winwin situation and you get to hear some fantastic music too! X
Hi @CandiceMarie, it really was win win. I managed to see Coldplay and kept swapping my lit up wristband from one arm to the other so I could work on my " bingo wings", the atmosphere the music and the spectacle of all the wristbands and lightshow and fireworks took my mind off the pain .....I don't do any kind of routine exercise, so it really was like a whole week of army training or something.
5 posts Page 1 of 1