The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Going to try FastBeach...
20 Apr 2015, 23:25
Friday is my first Fastiversary. But as I've been plateaued for awhile, I thought perhaps changing it up for a bit would be in order. So I'm declaring this here so y'all can hold me accountable!

I'll do my usual light days this week, Mon-Thurs, then Friday I'll start additional restrictions on normal days. But only for 6 weeks as suggested in the FastBeach diet. (BTW, you don't need to buy or read that, really isn't much to it.)
~No bread or pastries
~No alcohol
~No sugar or sweets
~Watch fat intake
As you can see, eliminating naughties is the thrust here. I'm confident I can do it for 6 weeks, and keep my light days. I'd love to lose 10lbs, but would be satisfied with 5. I suppose it'd be best if I use MFP to track, at least at first, so I don't fall into the oblivious trap...
Re: Going to try FastBeach...
21 Apr 2015, 01:06
Good luck, @ferretgal!
21 Apr 2015, 06:30
Good luck. It's only 6 weeks and you may feel a lot better! :clover: :clover:
21 Apr 2015, 07:18
Good luck from me too! Look forward to hearing how it goes. :clover: :smile:
21 Apr 2015, 11:12
Is there anything you CAN eat?!! :?:
Good luck! I look forward to hearing how you get on xx
21 Apr 2015, 13:48
We'll cheer you on from the side lines. Good luck :clover:
23 Apr 2015, 17:08
Thanks, everyone! So today is my 104th fast, tomorrow I start eating "mindfully" (with all the "nots" listed above) everyday and keeping my usual light days. I considered 4:3 as well, but I've found that the whole "habit" thing of having my light days on the SAME days of the week pretty much all the time helps me to stick with it (doesn't allow my mind to start making excuses about why today is a bad day to fast), I want to keep at least one part of my established routine.
27 Apr 2015, 16:19
OK; today is a light day, I know how to do this! But over the last few days, I've found I'm still finding my way a bit on the "FastBeach" (normal dieting days). I had forgotten that when I give up alcohol, I crave sweets/carbs more. So I did have some thin sliced whole grain toast with almond butter and a bit of reduced sugar jam (better than breaking down and eating something truly bad!). Fortunately, I've become better at not dumping it all the moment I don't fulfill some ideal of perfection, diet-wise... So I am moving forward, still discovering what will best work for me in this quest to "get off the plateau"! Haven't given up on FastBeach, just trying to figure out what I can eat that will fit into those parameters, rather than a light or normal/normal day. :confused:

On the plus side, I roasted a bunch of veggies yesterday; I love roasted veggies, but they take so long and make a big mess... So I have those in the fridge for snack attacks!
27 Apr 2015, 19:04
Go @ferretgal :heart: :heart:
01 May 2015, 16:51
Not sure if I mentioned that I'd be weighing myself weekly during this (normally once a month). I thought I hadn't been very good this week (Wednesday I had to go to the faraway office and was exhausted, never good for dieting), although I have kept my no alcohol policy--but I'm down 3.4 lbs! I'm sure some of that is water, but hey, I've barely budged for months, so this is quite encouraging.

I think that my error thus far is not having a plan of what to eat for my "normal diet" days; trying to keep to 1500 cals without being a counting freak. So I'm going to sit down with paper and pencil and sketch it out, so my little voice can't convince me otherwise...
01 May 2015, 18:07
Good idea to plan your food out. I do a weekly one for our family to help with shopping, budgeting and clears my head. Also over buying is cut down when I'm doing the weekly shop this way.
08 May 2015, 16:13
Huh...despite once again not sticking to all of my planned "No's," I've lost again, 176.4, down a total of 5.6lbs in 2 weeks! Guess it has to be the booze (lack thereof); a little depressing, since I fully intend to drink again (for one thing, I have a beer store here!). Plus, I love beer, rather a craft beer freak (we have a lot of microbreweries in the area, and are right next to Oregon, the state with the MOST craft breweries); also love champagne.

But I've found that I sleep better (well, mostly; had a bad night Monday) when not drinking. I did a little research, and the upshot is you need to have your last drink at least 3 hours before bed. So, once I do go back to my beloved beverage, I'll limit myself to one a day and not too close to bedtime. Of course, I never drink on light days...which is why I knew I could do this for awhile.
09 May 2015, 07:05
Even if I drink within my cal allowance I don't lose much weight unless sober. During sober for October I did pretty well. But I like a nice glass of wine now and then, and the weekend is for fun isn't it?
14 posts Page 1 of 1