The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Was unsure,could i handle a fast and repair day today?
And then I thought,"yip you are up for it...
look at all your fellow members who have said, " I' m in!".. Well so are you!"

It was going swimmingly..i have noted how many people go all day on fluids and eat in the evening( yeah i can do that!)...or even wait til brekkie.?..( not too sure but maybe - one day soon!)

Drinking water all morning and afternoon,didn't even want my usual cuppa,no headache,no hunger pangs..
Whistling to self,feeling quite cocky....

then a clunk in the hall..
my lovely neighbour had put a block of chocolate thru my letterbox...
Oh no! Immediately my mind was full of images...lovely chunks of choccy..
....choccy melting in my mouth..
Half an hour of torture followed, but resisting temptation like mad ...then breakthrough! ....
I suddenly remembered my Jason Vale book..where he writes so well about the junk food industry...
How mass produced chocolate is cheap rubbishy stuff cynically packaged in purple and gold so it appeals to the eye...and those TV ads trying to convince us its a treat...We deserve it..

I remembered..cheap choc is just sugar and fat and a few nasty chemicals.. I don't need that,that isn't a treat!

Panic over,i made it through the disaster and out the other side!
Sill not hungry,feeling great...!
But my poor dear neighbour...she has no idea of the mini drama that unfolded here this afternoon hehe!
Good luck to all of us..not long to go now for many of us..for those where its earlier in the day...keep the faith! For those whose fast is over or have gone to bed,waiting til tomorrow to breakfast...you did it! Well done x
Hey well done you....I can imagine the scene, you in the hall, alone, suddenly a friend arrives and lays on the doormat, smiling seductively as you wrestle internally....do you embrace it with open arms, or turn your back....... Haha good for you.x
Thanks Min ..your description really made me laugh! X
Well done you - now you can look forward to eating it tomorrow :wink:
That was quite a drama...........and I wish I hadn't read it because I'm fasting today and you've reminded me that I have 2 bars of 85% Green and Blacks in my secret drawer. I think I'm going to have a crisis.
Oh chocolate! yum!
Since 2 fasts ago, I save some 65kcal for my little square of lindt dark chocolate (70% cocoa) for desert after dinner. And today I bought an 85% that I may try or wait till I finish the other one :) (like in 4 weeks! ;) )
Well Done you :heart: :heart:
Do Not Eat Me Today !!! That's what your nbf was calling to you :heart:
Bet the same song isn't sung tomorrow, Good Luck + enjoy :razz: Sue
7 posts Page 1 of 1