The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Half litre
20 Nov 2013, 01:51
I just gave away 1/2 litre of my blood, haven't since starting this in April. Feel a bit nervous about fasting tomorrow. My energy dives anyway around the 3 pm and then feel brain zapped as well.
Last fast had a bummer headache. Guess I could do a 700 cal day couldn't I? Just this time.
Re: Half litre
20 Nov 2013, 02:48
I think if you're feeling unwell, you should definitely eat more than the usual fast.
20 Nov 2013, 04:37
I totally agree, perhaps the day after giving blood isn't an ideal fast day.
20 Nov 2013, 04:45
I would definitely say eat normally.
20 Nov 2013, 05:39
Yep, do what your body tells you and I would think that is to have a normal eating day.
I trailed Glasgow city centre the day after giving blood as I was desperate for black pudding. And me a vegetarian and all! :)
20 Nov 2013, 06:37
Personally I would not fast the day after giving blood (or any other blood loss e.g. being in an accident).

As it is there is a risk that you might faint post blood donation I would not add any further stress to the body. After a couple of days of regular eating then maybe I would see how I feel and take it from there.
20 Nov 2013, 06:46
@janeg- In my early days I used to cook up black pudding for the nuns at a catholic hospital, smelt really good, not as horrid as it sounds, being made with blood and all. :smile:

Thanks, will pay attention to the body tomorrow and eat more if I feel the zombies coming. :bugeyes:
20 Nov 2013, 07:06
Take care, I don't think I'd fast after giving blood either - although there's no worry of that now I live in France, I'm not allowed to give blood :(
20 Nov 2013, 08:04
Can't beat Stornoway black pudding. shhhhh- I smuggle it into the sandpit- please don't tell. I can't believe that I eat it. My other non veggie - is haggis. But everyone is banned from talking about both because if I stop and thing of the ingredients, I won't eat it. And it's only about 4 times a yea.
And I still identify with being veggie! :D
21 Nov 2013, 05:56
Hey, you like what you like.

I like some fairly strange foods. not strange to me though.:)

Where would I find black pudding in Australia. Could start with the supermarket and under the griller is it?
10 posts Page 1 of 1