The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm just wondering how many of you have used other things to help prop up the success of your 5:2?

I'm thinking of things like hypnosis, acupuncture, reiki, etc.
:grin: To quote the fabulous Tim Minchen "What do you call alternative medicine that works? Medicine." :oops: sorry, couldn't resist :wink:
I use therapies in my life in general. I qualified in aromatherapy and I'm a Reiki master. My therapies have kept me sane when conventional medicine failed me.
I guess in some ways, the idea of alternative goes against the scientific principles on which this WOE is based, especially when some have been found to have no use at all.
Having said that, I successfully had hypnosis to overcome my fear of spiders when I first came to Australia and have also found aromatherapy and acupuncture very good for other conditions.
As 5:2 goes on, you may find that your willpower improves and you don't need any other forms of therapy to help you in your day to day fasting. It has me!
Sorry, I probably wasn't being clear. I'm not really using "alt therapy" in the technical sense. I just mean anything additional to 5:2.
Walking, walking, walking....welcome!
GoLinda wrote: Walking, walking, walking....welcome!

Yeh, I've always played sport, walked and cycled a lot, and been pretty active, but I have really upped it in the past few months too. I think the key is to find things you enjoy, and also have reasons why it's not easy to back out of a session (eg I play teams sports, and don't want to let my team down not going to training or a match, plus the dog needs a good couple of walks a day or I get those big eyes which make me put on my shoes and grab the lead!)
Welcome Rob. I'm a fan of alternative therapies like homeopathy, reiki etc, but not used them in conjunction with 5:2. Mine have all been focused on eating clean, healthy foods with a low carb or GI content, but with a high fat content.
I'm a great fan of aromatherapy essential oils and I am qualified in Indian Head Massage, neither particularly geared towards 5:2 but very therapeutic (in my opinion), none the less.
Mmmm, would love one of those right now Callyanna!!
10 posts Page 1 of 1