The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello again, everyone
23 Feb 2014, 23:00
After a nice little email from Wine o Clock yesterday asking how I was I thought I would log back in and say hello :)

I have still been 5:2ing (although not super strictly) but the past six weeks or so - well, since New Year really, things have been a bit crazy and 'dieting' has taken a back seat.

My BF and I decided to call it a day after nearly 2 years. Still feels very strange as it was only New Year we were looking forward to another year together!

I'm fine really, but I have been keeping busy and I've probably gone a bit crazy and wild, lots of nights out with the girls and trying to keep my mind off of it.

It is a little sad but I know I'll be fine. I miss him as he was my best friend over here. We tried to stay friends but it wasn't really working and he now has a new girlfriend which stings a little.

So things have changed a little but not necessarily in a bad way. In fact, I feel almost relieved as I was unhappy for a long time. Although you never remember the bad bits, do you.. just the good times. But when I feel sad I just try and remind myself of the times when I was fed up, angry and miserable being with him.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well.

Lil :heart:
Re: Hello again, everyone
23 Feb 2014, 23:03
Welcome back Lil! Good to hear from you. Thank God for girlfriends.
Xxx julianna
23 Feb 2014, 23:14
We're glad to have you back. The end of one segment of your life is the start of another, no matter how long.
23 Feb 2014, 23:17
Yes one door closes .. Another opens. Welcome back LilSmiler :heart:
23 Feb 2014, 23:21
Hey Lilsmiler i was just asking on chatterbox two days ago,where is LilSmiler....and abracadabra! Here you are!
Sorry to hear whats been happening,but you've now opened the door to someone better for you coming into yr life,when the time is right and if its what you want xxxx
23 Feb 2014, 23:26
Hi there Lil, so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. You have to go through the 'grieving' stuff before you can move on, even if it does take the form of nights out with the girls!
Keep your chin up and as you know we are still here for you.

Debs :heart:
24 Feb 2014, 00:07
Thanks all.

I will be OK :)
24 Feb 2014, 00:40
I've just seen this Smiler--glad to hear from you, because I've been wondering how you are. Sorry you're having to go through it, but after a while you'll probably be glad it worked out this way. Most people come through happier than they were and I feel sure you can, too.
24 Feb 2014, 02:15
Glad to have you back. It's probably for the best, and I'm sure someone better will come along soon enough. In the meantime, it's good you have friends :-)
24 Feb 2014, 02:28
So good to hear from you, your user name always makes me smile :grin:
Sorry about your breakup but onwards and upwards now. Don't be a stranger. :heart:
24 Feb 2014, 03:38
Welcome back. :heart:
24 Feb 2014, 10:04
Great to see you back LilSmiler!
24 Feb 2014, 11:44
:heart: Welcome back @LilSmiler Sad time for you sorry about the break up, yes your absence was noticed so don't go AWOL again :heart: Best of luck. :heart: Sue
13 posts Page 1 of 1