The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Help - 4 feast days in a row!!!
10 Feb 2014, 18:34
I've been doing so well - 12lbs off since Jan 3 but I just spent 4 days straight eating and drinking to excess. Has anyone else who did this and then fasted found that they've at least managed to stay the same? I'm kicking myself - can't believe I've been such a pig........................ :shock:
Yes - I have and lost a pound this morning at weigh in.... and believe me I supped a great deal too!
Even if you can't get away with it, you can just get on with it... Life happens! You know why there's a gain if there is one. Half the battle is just moving past it.

I find it more frustrating when you see a gain and you can't pinpoint the reason.
:heart: Hi @rayjanie Well for me I always eat fri-sun inc so always 3 in row but obviously holidays can be a problem as I've never done any sort of fast while away.
Weekends are for enjoying if its not your designated fastday so go easy on yourself the best thing is get stuck in right away back to fasting and "true" days.
On my late holiday last October one week away half board and the food wasnt good well how i gained 5 kg!!! I'll never know but 10 days later with 3 good fadts my gain had gone.
We've all been there and the best way is to put it behind you and concentrate on fasting. :heart:
Don't panic just keep on keeping on..never fall back into that " old" way of thinking that you've ruined it now..you havent i promise,as long as you pony up and get back in the groove!
And well done on your loss so far! X :like:
Thanks girls. Hope I manage to do what you did, Blue Heather! I guess I shall trot off and make up my sugar free jelly for tomorrow. Have to say that I'm looking forward to fasting lol.....
Have to say that I'm looking forward to fasting lol.....

That is one of the beauties about this diet, you actually look foreword to the fast days. Can you name any other diet where when you have fallen off the wagon you have wanted to get back into the grind?

This WOE is just that, a way of eating, not a torture for the rest of your life, or at least till you have lost the weight. Its easy and you can feel the benefits of a fast near enough immediatly, especially after a binge. You feel cleaner and lighter afterwards and want that feeling to repeat itself.

So no beating yourself up, there is no need, there is no Brunhilde stood at the scales tut tutting at your weight increase and making you feel guilty. Just us, the most supportive dieting group on the internet.
7 posts Page 1 of 1