The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Help - gone off the boil
22 Aug 2013, 05:10
since we had a holiday, I've gone off the boil, just not got a grip, really worried I'll give up, when I want this to be a way of life, any tips, or boots up the bum!
thanks
Cal :dazed:
Re: Help - gone off the boil
22 Aug 2013, 05:25
Take a deep breath, psych yourself up, plan the next fast day as if it were your first. Maybe organise a favourite fasting meal/snack to have on the day?

Would it help with the motivation if you revisited some of the old posts on this forum on the benefits of fasting? Reread the book, if you have it?

Come on, woman, upsy-daisy, get back in the saddle - you can do it! (That was the boot! :smile:)

Good luck!
22 Aug 2013, 06:17
Hey there cal- tell us if you lost weight doing this? Remember any gains you made, clothes you can wear now.... I am shooting in the dark here.... When I went off the boil, I watched the Eat Fast and Live Longer show again. That reminds me of why we are all doing this- got me fired up. As shchat said- upsy daisy!! Get off your arse! :like: What is they say? Just do it! (sorry, blatant co-opting of Nike)
22 Aug 2013, 06:18
Cal, I was the same recently. School holidays etc. Fasted on Monday and felt great again! I'm still not up to full power but definitely back on board.
I do have the book and a wee read at bedtime reinforces why we like this WOL.
Good luck...you CAN do it:)
22 Aug 2013, 06:24
I think this might be a case for Janeg and her wet fish, you know the one, that's it, yep, the one she slaps round the back of the head of those who are slacking, falling down on the job, not giving it their all etc You have been warned, get back in that saddle NOW, or else.................. :shock:

Was that masterful enough for you :grin: :geek: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Aug 2013, 07:34
Ballerina you have beaten me to it!! :razz:
Come in @janeg and her wet fish (drat and double drat can't do the techie stuff!) :shock: :curse:
22 Aug 2013, 08:02
(Slight hiatus while finds out how to tag user .... Um, errrr ... :?: :dunno: :bigfrown: :struggle: :talktothehand: :talktothehand: :talktothehand: )

@janeg - come over here! And bring the wet fish! A bit of a SWAWF (Slap with a Wet Fish) required asap! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
22 Aug 2013, 08:06
Hi Cal my advice is to reread the book and take a look at your clothing and yes focus on what you've already achieved, and think about the seasons because for me personally the summer with all the lovely crispy fresh salads & vegetables its getting closer to the end basically.
So Yes pull your socks up and come back and join in all the fun.
Otherwise you're in fear of becoming a fat old pensioner like I was
Well fatter than I now am at least. Good Luck :clover: Sue
22 Aug 2013, 08:39
you rang?
Wet fish has been desperate to be put into action again
Could this be the moment?
Good advise from everyone- think about why YOU want to do this- what's in it for YOU.
That lovely feeling of flatness and lightness when you've had a successful fast.
...and no fish odour or head pain
;)
22 Aug 2013, 08:41
You are half ways there with a boot up the bum. In addition, giving up is nothing to worry about. It would be a conscious decision by you and not something that will happen to you.

Just do it. (Fast, that is)
22 Aug 2013, 17:35
This has happened to me a few times but have always found it reasonably easy to get back on the wagon! The last time I strayed was when my son, who fancies himself as a bit of a chef, recently stayed with me for three weeks, in between flats. He insisted on cooking delicious dishes for us virtually every evening and my willpower, strong as it is, was no match for that! The annoying thing was that, as he went off to his new home in London, he confessed that he had rather fancied doing the 5.2 diet himself while he was here! I have rather a powerful incentive to take up the diet again now, in that I am almost incapacitated by the pain and swelling in my arthritic knee and am hoping that a substantial weight loss will help. In the absence of such an incentive, I would do all the obvious things, like read the book again, and scrutinise all the posts on the forum. You will feel so much better when you take that first step, and take control of your eating again.
24 Aug 2013, 01:59
thanks everyone, that has real helped. Suffice to say I'm re-team the book and have stopped and checked what I am doing, surprise, surprise, I'm not drinkg enough, I'm doing the 'I've put weight on, so let's just not eat' way - bound to fail, so I have slapped myself across the face with the fish, really should have de-frosrsoted it first lol! But thanks again, you've got me back on track.
24 Aug 2013, 06:59
ouch! :shock:
I wouldn't have been THAT tough!
chortling away here!
24 Aug 2013, 10:22
Quite frankly it's all in the S...Fat or Fast - you choose (& wet fish)
24 Aug 2013, 18:23
I've just had 4 day holiday and not fasted this week, have put on 2 lbs, which I'm really pleased about as I've eaten and drunk what I like - think the mammoth walking sessions have helped with the excess calories !! I can't wait to get back to 5:2 next week and seeing myself in photos looking reasonably slim has been all the incentive I need to carry on ... ! :clover:
15 posts Page 1 of 1