The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
hesitant
05 Oct 2013, 20:56
I'm really feeling hesitant to do my next fast, my last fast I almost vomited from the headache. Had a bucket with me and barely moved for 2 hours. Had to take drowsy medication to kill it.

I thought I'd licked the headache side effect, the only different thing to this time was I'd only fasted one day that week.

Feeling a wee chicken today about tomorrow. Cant think of what to do different to avoid this.
Re: hesitant
05 Oct 2013, 21:09
What have you done so far?
Maybe you are one of those people who need to eat 3 times a day.
You certainly shouldn't be pushing a fast to the point of vomiting.
Have you had your bloods done or mentioned these side effects to the doctor?
05 Oct 2013, 22:42
Zamale, you poor thing. That doesn't sound right at all. Don't want to put you off fasting and certainly not qualified to offer advice.

Sending sympathetic hug in lieu of any constructive suggestions. Maybe you should see a doctor before trying another fast?
06 Oct 2013, 04:47
Are u drinking, not drinking coffee or other caffeine drinks?
06 Oct 2013, 05:32
Hugs from US.
Maybe, take a break for a week and try again when you'd feel better. :heart:
06 Oct 2013, 09:50
The support on the forum is heartwarming, thanks guys, you're great. I do need to guzzle more water, the past 2 fasts, I thought I could focus more for some strange reason to just ignore fluids for a few hours, bad.

I may just have my boiled egg a bit earlier than 4.30 pm, prior to that only weak black coffee and water.Could have the egg around 2.30pm.
I am being a bit wild with feeding days and am a bit disgusted in myself. I have been fasting Monday/Thursday since April 25 and missed a total of 6 fasting days.

I need to do a shake up of what I'm doing in regard to feeding days, have lost some excitement to it all, since hitting that plateau, I've been on it a long time, but am in the normal weight range, though I have cellulite on tummy and derriere. If I keep going the rate I am, I will put weight back on.
06 Oct 2013, 11:08
Double check your feed day calories Zamale as you may think you are going wild, but you may not be. I over estimated my feed day calories by between 400 to 600 calories a day.
Try some bouillon mid day to top up your salt levels as well. I used to have constant headaches and found it was because I wasn't having enough salt for me. Your electrolyte balance is important and so is your fluid level.
06 Oct 2013, 21:13
yes, I'm changing up a few things. Thanks, will do the stock cube cuppa.
8 posts Page 1 of 1