The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Holiday Hurdles...
05 Oct 2013, 04:56
It is that time of year. Do you have a strategy to get through the speed bumps of all the festivities? Once upon a time I was a member of a TOPS group and we always had a holiday challenge to get through each of the holidays and lose or at least maintain. I thought it would be nice to have something similar here where we can discuss strategies, help each other stay on track and maybe even end the year less than we are right now.

As much as I would love to join the 69 group; with my thyroid and hormones that isn't likely a number I'll see before Christmas 2014 if I ever do get there. (I had to google it to see what it translates to in pounds. :wink: )

So this is what I was thinking...anybody who wants to join can post what their goals are by Halloween, by Thanksgiving, by Christmas and by New Years. It can be in pounds, kilos, sizes, inches, centimeters, clothing articles, or warm fuzzies. If your goal is to maintain, that is fine, too.

Then, we just come back and update, discuss, chit chat, get support, whatever. When it is all said and done we can really celebrate a New Year and a New You because we will have been working towards it instead of making resolutions.

Who's with me?? Post your goals for each holiday below.
Re: Holiday Hurdles...
05 Oct 2013, 05:04
I'll start us off. I have a cruise this month; so I am not setting my sights super high.

Halloween: Pre-Cruise Weight
Thanksgiving: 1-2 pounds under
Christmas: Maintain
New Years: another 1-2 pounds

It isn't much. But, I will have been on a version of this plan for two years in February. I haven't lost big numbers since about the first 6 months. So, I'm just trying to keep it real and not gain 8-10 pounds like I used to do every holiday season. :oops:
05 Oct 2013, 05:21
Would love to be in the 70kg bracket and start next year not making a resolution about losing weight rather maintaining. :)
05 Oct 2013, 05:32
Hi 43tweaker good idea. My Christmas goal would be 2kg down. My aim is an active one by regularly walking my dog and a weekly yoga class
05 Oct 2013, 05:37
Do what I do and ignore them all!! (call me Scrooge). Remember they are, what, 4 days out of three months and fast around them. That is what I am planning, ok, my birthday is in there, but I shall limit the damage accordingly.
I am 63.2kg at last weigh, 139lbs apparently and would like to be nearer 60kg by the 25th December.
We don't 'do' Halloween or Thanksgiving, so Xmas it is!
05 Oct 2013, 05:46
Hi 43tweaker, good thread.
I'm thinking it must be really hard in the US with Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together and both big foodie celebrations.
Halloween in Australia is just for the kids so we don't have to panic too much there- what about in the US?
I'm just getting into recovering from having my school teacher daughter around for 2 weeks spring holidays with the treats we've been having and missing a few of my regular swims! :shock:
I'm aiming to have lost another 3kg by Christmas and maintain through till February then get back on track and lose another 3kg.
05 Oct 2013, 07:20
Thanks everybody for joining in! Halloween isn't a huge deal for most adults. But, there is just candy everywhere you go. Where I live most people do some sort of decoration for either fall or Halloween or both. I think maybe it is more commercial than in it is in Europe.
7 posts Page 1 of 1