The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Holiday weight gain :(
20 Aug 2013, 10:06
So I was planning on doing an extra days fast before we headed off for our 10day staycation, got home yesterday! However with the bank holiday at beginning of August & a distraught BF arriving day after w her 3 kids to stay till we headed off for our break, I haven't managed to fast since 1st Aug.

Money's tight so we went to stay with my sis who lives on the coast, beach holiday in macs & wetsuits :)! But staying with family made any sort of fasting impossible, added to which my skinny sister has a permanent supply of choc, biscuits & sweets out on the kitchen table - so I am now re-weaning myself off sugar!

I'm planning on 3 days fast this week but am sure it's going to be tricky, so I'm back here for support. Do the 3:4 people still stick to 500cals on fast days or do you up it?
Re: Holiday weight gain :(
20 Aug 2013, 10:30
Hi I've done 4:3 for most of the time and truthfully I've probably not stuck to my allowance and as you can see I've got away with it so far but as soon as I need to I would be stricter than have been so if you've gained quite a lot I would try to get close to your 500 but if you're doing ADF maybe you could go little higher. Good Luck :clover: Sue
Re: Holiday weight gain :(
20 Aug 2013, 11:04
Hi Sue.Q, thanks for that. I will try 4:3 (sorry got it wrong earlier) for a week or 2 but I'm not sure how long I'll last, I find 5:2 very difficult. At the moment I dont have enough work to justify paying for a childminder, so I'm juggling a little work with a lot of running around after 2 small, energetic children - fasting can be hard!

I'll keep 500 as a guide line and not stress to much if I go over....
3 posts Page 1 of 1