The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
HONEY HONEY!!!
02 Dec 2013, 14:17
Well, this is interesting......goes from a daft diet idea to a sensible one in one article.....mmmmm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... cipes.html

Ballerina x :heart:
Re: HONEY HONEY!!!
02 Dec 2013, 16:33
I saw this earlier, just skimmed the article there and while honey may help it's the other suggestions at the bottom of the page that will cause weight loss I think!
02 Dec 2013, 17:14
I used to start each day with a spoonful of honey, a small shot of vinegar and a garlic capsule to aid weight loss - apparently the vinegar helps break down fats in food we eat (I used to have a small shot of it before each meal too), the honey's good for all sorts of things and in combination with the garlic apparently it's an amazing trio!
02 Dec 2013, 17:57
I love honey. I get ours from a local bee keeper but would love to keep my own bees one day. As for the eating plan, there are just too many rules for this to work long term for me.
Now it's colder I have been drinking honey and lemon in hot water on non-fast days. I wonder if I could have a couple on fast days without it slowing down my weight loss any more. ???? I don't really want to take the cals away from my evening meal though.
Dee
02 Dec 2013, 18:55
Bahaha and that is why it's called The Daily Fail!

Though I do love honey, and am very lucky to have quite a few bee keepers in the area that I can buy directly from.
02 Dec 2013, 19:10
Is this the beginnings of the food industry getting ready for when we all ditch sugar!!?? Hmm...
02 Dec 2013, 19:19
I remain totally unconvinced as I already use honey as my sweetener have done since childhood, 1/2 a century and still counting later I still put on an extra 15kg

Honey is wonderful, I have a work colleague who is an apiarist. You also do have to watch the cheaper brands as some have glucose added I understand.
02 Dec 2013, 22:14
In the UK Honey has to be 100% honey or it can't be labelled as honey.
But I agree, the honey may stop the tummy rumbling at night and may help with a fast day cravings the next day taken at only a couple of teaspoons. But its the rest of the diet plan that will cause the weight to drop. The so called no-carb day is what most of us do on a fast day anyway. If I eat on a fast day its with the lowest amount of carbs I can get away with. So generally only what is in a carrot and my splashes of milk in my teas. Adding in the rest of the restrictions is what makes diets fail, day in, day out restriction.
03 Dec 2013, 00:16
Ahh but theres honey and there's honey.

the heat treated commercial varieties are still good but nothing like the real thing

last years harvest day from back garden
honey honey.jpg
My magnificent harvest 2012
05 Dec 2013, 10:24
Oh Juliana how wonderful to have your own honey. Although I love bees, I'm also terrified of them and have been ever since I was a child and accidentally stood on a bees' nest. An experience I'll never forget!

That diet does sound ridiculous. It's cutting out the foods listed at the end of the article that'll shift the weight...doh!
10 posts Page 1 of 1