The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have noticed, that after the initial morning realisation of 'oh no, I can't have breakfast', I actually feel so much less stressed on fasting days.

Knowing that I'm not just gona scoff all day and I don't have to think about what to cook etc (all my fast day meals are planned – boiled egg at 10am, or more recently 11am, zero noodles and peas at 1pm, and omlette or pork chop at 6pm) gives me a sense of liberation.

On non-fast days, once I've broken the seal with breakfast, I never know what poor food decisions I'll make! Although I'm generally good Monday-Friday :-D

This morning when I woke up, I was 'convinced' I was going to give in to my cravings for a hot sandwich. On my cycle to work I'd even made my peace with the fact that I was going to get a tuna melt from the bakery, and it didn't matter coz I could try again tomorrow....

...BUT I DIDN'T!!! After the initial waking up phase and the cycle to work the hunger always wears off and I'm usually fine til about 11am! ANd the best thing about that is I don't feel guilty, and I can eat as planned tomorrow, with a treat thrown in for extra measure
I'm much the same, not usually hungry until almost lunch time most days, but if I do start eating earlier I can make some pretty poor choices afterwards when hunger kicks in.

Actually this has made me think that perhaps I need to plan my feed days a bit more as well. My dinner is always planned, I have a menu in place each fortnight to minimise waste & to help plan the shopping but I might do better if I planned my feed day breakfast or lunch as something to look forward to rather than the usual granola and yogurt when I get hungry followed by whatever my hands decide to grab.

Today I'm doing a sort of half fast to remind myself that I don't need to give in to the cold and snack all day, so I'm just having hot drinks and an occasional grape up until dinner time when I'll have a normal dinner. My appetite has not yet been given a kick start, no major hunger and yet I know I can eat if I really need to. Maybe I'm getting back on track now :) Take that, Autumn feed syndrome!!
[quote="Katastrofee"

This morning when I woke up, I was 'convinced' I was going to give in to my cravings for a hot sandwich. On my cycle to work I'd even made my peace with the fact that I was going to get a tuna melt from the bakery, and it didn't matter coz I could try again tomorrow....

...BUT I DIDN'T!!! After the initial waking up phase and the cycle to work the hunger always wears off and I'm usually fine til about 11am! ANd the best thing about that is I don't feel guilty, and I can eat as planned tomorrow, with a treat thrown in for extra measure[/quote]

Isn't it an amazing feeling when you've gone through that justifying process and you end up choosing not to anyway.... always a small victory for me!!!! :victory:
3 posts Page 1 of 1