The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Has 5:2 WOL "Saved your Life"?
05 Aug 2013, 01:23
It's approximately a year since the original BBC Horizon program aired and the impact on so many lives around the Globe is incredible I feel. Myself in Sydney, many in UK and USA, New Zealand and all countries.

On another thread about how people found out about 5:2, forum member Sue.Q stated and if i may quote here on her decision to purchase the book after reading a Mimi column.

"and yes I will never look back on that decision because it may have saved my life"

Her comment made me feel this was worth a thread on it's own.

Do you feel 5:2: has actually SAVED YOUR LIFE?

..or the life of a family member or friend.

I believe it has! I can't predict what would have happened if I or my sister didn't curtail our eating of far too many calories on a regular basis but I am 100% sure that it has had significant benefits for our health for the long term. With 3 or 4 months following of the diet, and weight loss aside, it has improved our health and extended our lives as we know we will never go back.

I feel grateful to all the people that made this possible. Whilst intermittent fasting has been around more more than 12 months, it has been through the power of books and television and radio that the BBC Horizon program presented the concept of IF in a digestible easy to understand format.

And of course the power of the internet has allowed us to share ideas, recipes and participate in active discussion, even on our mobiles through forums such as this (thanx Moogie!)

Plenty have been following 5:2 and variations for 6 or even 12 months and perhaps you feel the same way about it "saving your life".
Not sure about it saving my life but it has certainly saved my sanity as I am so much happier about my weight and this has spilled over into every area of my life. I do hope that 5:2 will prolong my life and that my health will be better than it would otherwise have been as I get even older. I am incredibly grateful for Dr M highlighting this way of life, I know he didn't 'invent' it as ADF and IF hav been around for ever but he made it all doable and for that I am truly thankful. This site is what keeps me focussed and I have so many laughs on here with like minded folk whilst dealing with a serious subject, thank you all and especially to Moogie and her team,

Ballerina x :heart:
:heart: Hi julieanna Yes I truly believe it has saved my life and yes sanity ballerina . Because I've never stuck with any diet long enough, losing maybe 2stone getting stuck + board and like so many of us giving up and then gaining it all and More besides, also I was in a bad place in my head at the beginning of the year all to do with weight nothing personal, I felt on occasion like I couldn't go on ( never told anyone that before) :heart:
So the comments in the mail magazine led me to Google it and send for the book, Wow ''dieting'' 2 days a week!!! Amazing I found it so easy from day one that I did 4:3 the rest is history so they say :heart:
I don't mind you quoting at all especially if it helps others in a similar position, I've made that statement many times before and on the other forum had a nice reply from Mimi :heart: :heart: I seem to have hit the ''plateau'' so this I is a vulnerable time for me right now but I know with all the help from this forum I've got to hang on in there and wait, and I can + will wait + watch what I'm eating on all days for few days because now my head is So in the right place :heart: :heart: :heart: Sue
3 posts Page 1 of 1