The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Is it possible to use a spash of broth? There are almost 100 cals in a tablespoon of olive oil and I'd rather use those cals for something else on my fast day! :razz:
Have you tried scrambling eggs without anything added at all in a good non-stick pan? It's possible if you stir it carefully and watch the heat all the time. A splash of milk is OK too and not as high in calories.
In the microwave too but google for instructions think it's a short blitz then stir and further little blitz ... It's been a while

Alternatively a spray of the oil might be better or a pastry brush to spread lots less butter
I often just scramble an egg on its own for my dog Poppy who frequently has an upset tummy...and can't have milk. Its pretty easy...just keep stirring until its just right!

Bean :starving: :wink:
Yes I agree, either a really good non-stick pan.... or a spritz of Frylite... I have scrambled eggs using this MANY times!!!
Is FryLite the thing thats 1 cal per spray?

I recently bought a frying pan from Lakeland that changes colour when its hot enough. It goes from a lovely pale blue (hmm maybe I should dye my hair that colour) to white. Its so good and non-stick that you don't have to add any oil...most of the time.

Bean :starving: :geek:
I have NEVER scrambled eggs with oil. Bleurgh, that would make them so greasy.
I just whisk them with salt and pepper and sometimes a splash of milk.

Microwave for 1 minute, take out and whisk, then another minute and whisk, carry on doing the minute zaps until the eggs get to the consistency you prefer.
Just keep stirring them, that all...

Bean :starving: :confused: :bugeyes:
A small knob of butter and a splash of milk won't be that many calories. Plus it'll taste nice.
What a waste of calories. No knobs of butter or milk. You can't taste the difference without...honest!

Bean :starving: :wink:
Uncalled for, each to his/her own...and frankly, a few calories don't matter here or there, sustainbility, nutritional balance & satiety does. I like my butter!

A small knob of butter is surprisingly few calories, much less than a tablespoon of oil & yes, I used to weigh it!. :cool:
I agree, a small amount of coconut oil or butter is perfect. In my WW days I did "poach" them using milk, drain, then stir or sprayed a glass custard dish with Pam (which is now available in coconut) and made scrambled in microwave. I now believe it is important to have healthy fats so I would add what I needed even if it put me a tad over the 500 calories. But again, to each his own:)
Scrambled eggs made with cream and cooked in butter - ok maybe not on a fast day.
Hubby does it the microwave, stirring a couple of times. Personally, I always use butter and do it in a pan - tastes so much better, I'd rather have the few extra calories :)
In the microwave. Really easy but you need to experiment to get it right for your microwave and the volume of egg. Whisk eggs and a splash of milk. Minute first up, assuming only 2 eggs, stir between this will break up the egg so it looks scrambled instead of baked. Shorter bursts as it looks more cooked. Take it to slightly undercooked, as it stands it will continue to cook and overcooked egg is like leather. Dont salt, will make them tough. Enjoy
16 posts Page 1 of 2