The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
I have to take medication everyday anyway so just add supplements on at the same time so I don't forget. When I stopped HRT I started taking a natural replacement as i was still suffering a lot from hot sweats.This was one natural hormone tablet ( oestrogen I think) and one multivitamin/mineral tablet. When I stopped taking that I replaced it with a multivitamin/mineral tablet.I think it is the trace elements rather than the vitamins that I am concerned may be lacking in my diet. I also use a sublingual vitamin D spray and I take a spoonful of cod liver oil on non fasting days. I have taken the latter for years since my sister who is a pharmacist told me about a study which she felt was robust that showed that it helped to protect cartilage from degenerating so hopefully will keep my joints in good order as I age.
Thanks for all your replies folks.
I must admit I was puzzled by the lack of Vit C, especially with all those veggies, so I've done a little research.
It would seem that frozen veg are as high, if not higher, in vitamins, as they have been flash frozen, but the content doesn't appear on the packaging, ergo on My fitness pal. So I probably am getting plenty of all vitamins, even though they're not being logged.
However, I did buy some plump green peppers and tenderstem broccoli today, so at least I KNOW I've had plenty of Vits. today!
:heart: Well done you veggie lover you :heart: @PennyForthem after looking at the list @Caitlin replied to you
(saved to review) I thought you must be covered especially since totting up my meal with the calorie counter I had from this forum I only put the courgette just to check at it's quite a long list for one ingredient alone glad you're covered so we won't have to do the pill popping which I can never remember anyway. :heart: Sue
18 posts Page 2 of 2