The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I think I may struggle in the school hols on 500 cals on a fast day as kids home all day etc. Would I be better trying 16:8 for the half term in two weeks time.
I am really lucky as my lad shuts himself in his room with his XBox but to be honest, he isn't a big snacker anyway. I would try and carry on as normal rather than ruining your routine but I work from home so all my fasting is done at home anyway.
I am at home all day too so my fasting is done at home but think I will find it hard preparing lunch for the boys and not eating.
Hi, just fast as normal. No reason why you can't really. You may need to change your days to suit the weeks activity schedule, if there is one, if not, get them in the kitchen to prepare their own snacks. My daughter usually asks for at least one day of baking with mummy, I don't fast on that day!!!

If it gets too much just miss a week and start up again. That's the beauty of 5:2, as and when it suits. Just wait until the 6 week summer hols hahaha.
You get better at being around food when fasting, honest! In fact, I find doing a lot of cooking on a fast day can actually help me. It's as if my brain feels duly processed - by which I mean it thinks 'I've done food' :cool: I also find that getting on with something in the kitchen gives me an excuse to not be sitting down with my girls for lunch. I frequently eat breakfast at different times to them, and their father rarely eats breakfast at all, so that's not an issue. We all sit down together for dinner wherever possible.
I don't fast when my son is home. It's just too hard. I do 16:8 and just try to watch what I eat to not eat too much.
I have got used to not eating and preparing meals and am surprised it doesn't bother me at all, the hardest bit is my 5 year old noticing as don't want to give her a complex about food, she does like to now ask if I'm eating with her which is annoying as I don't want her to know really being so young!
Maybe plan the first fast and see if it's easier than you expect? Good luck :0)
Haha, my interpretation of what this thread would be about was completely the other way round as a university student! Similar problem, though: I anticipate not being able to fast when I'm home during the holidays, as sitting down to family meals, it'll be noticed immediately if I don't eat, and I don't really think my parents will understand what I'm doing if I try to explain to them! I intend to replace my fast days with "no thank you" days during the hols, using my newfound willpower to turn down cakes and other goodies for a few days a week, replace sandwiches for lunch with salad etc.

Good luck, mums!
8 posts Page 1 of 1