The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
How is this even possible??
15 Jul 2016, 21:14
Hi everyone!
I started this 5:2 just 8 days ago. I weighed myself this morning and was shocked to see myself down 8 lbs! How can that even happen in only a week? I'm delighted but very confused. More confused...
Re: How is this even possible??
15 Jul 2016, 21:43
Hi @ECH258, well done on your loss, you're off to a great start. It's not unheard of to have a large loss at the start. Remember some of that is lost water weight and the losses will slow down, don't get disheartened if that happens. 5:2 really does work, loads of members are now in maintenance. Have you measured everywhere? It's a funny thing this fasting business, sometimes the scale won't move or may even go up, but the tape will show a loss. Keep doing what you're doing :like: :clover:
15 Jul 2016, 22:23
Hi and welcome! So glad youve got off to an encouraging start! Like justdee said,you will have lost some water weight as well as some fat x
Keep going and call into the forum for support and tips! X
15 Jul 2016, 23:01
That's fantastic!!! Yes, this does happen for some people, and yes, Dee is right, some of it is water weight, which means that as you lose fat later, some of the water might creep back on, making it appear that you didn't lose weight that week. But if you persevere, you'll notice and average of about a pound a week or so.
17 Jul 2016, 04:44
Well done great effort
17 Jul 2016, 08:24
Well done. Keep up the good work. Did you measure as if the scales stop moving the tape will
17 Jul 2016, 14:38
Well done ECH258, so glad you're succeeding. I agree with all those who replied, don't be discouraged if the weight loss isn't always so spectacular, as far as I know it isn't humanly possible to lose 8lb of actual fat in a week so some will have been water. If you make sure to measure you will see good results regardless of the weight you lose. You are obviously doing something very right so keep going!
7 posts Page 1 of 1