The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I have been 5:2ing for just over 4 weeks now and have lost 4lbs (not a record-breaking loss but I understand this is about average so I am pleased!) However, I have yet to notice a change in body shape e.g - how my clothes fit etc...

Was just wondering how long/how much weight you have to lose, before most people notice a change in themselves? I have a pair of old skinny jeans size 12 which I am really hoping will fit again soon! (am currently size 14)

I think I must have just been tipping over out of my size 20 clothes as I can fit in them now. Also I lose weight off my face and it gets noticed by others. Have you been measuring with a tape measure as you might not be seeing the slight difference. Also if you only have a small amount to lose it isn't going to notice straight away unless you are like heifer me.
Hi Millymay, OH noticed that my face looked thinner after 2 weeks, but I couldn't see it myself. A week later I could see that my cheeks didn't look so chubby. By 8-10 weeks I had lost the 10 pounds of my interim goal and was wearing size 12 (US) again.

We all seem to be different, though.

Good luck!
Hi there,
I'm a newbie to this woe, but a lifetime yoyo dieter! I find that 7lbs is about a dress size. I seem to put weight on my thighs, bum, tum and lastly face. It comes off in the reverse order, so I get a thin face initially while the booty is still a bit too bootieliscous!
HTH
I've lost 45lbs, yet even though I've lost trousers to gravity I still don't see any difference in myself.
Within 3 months I had lost 9 kg follow simple 5:2 and I had to lose so motivated for my health mind you, knowing my healthier weight for my younger years. Then it went slow after that eg glacial. Still it is so worth it cannot more highly recommend IF.

My DH was onto it saying he could see the difference but all the way I could see from the beginning my face and neck were the first signs, and my legs as well boobs much later and stomach is still being stubborn but is a lot less

All the best keep at it and enjoy the journey
I felt a little more comfortable in my clothes after 10 pounds. A few people started noticing after 20 pounds. Gave some clothes away at 30 pounds. Lots of people noticed after 40 pounds and smaller clothes. Like gillymary, my tummy is being stubborn!
The first thing which I noticed was that I had less of a cleavage, although I didn't think that I looked much different, other than that. Then I realised that, not only could I now fasten the bottom button on a particular jacket, there was lots of overlap, although I still didn't feel that there was much difference in how I looked.

What I have noticed most is that my legs look much more shapely. I always had quite chunk legs, even when I was slim, but now thay are looking better than they have for years. I also have a well defined waist again, even though I have a pot belly to go with it!

I think that I started to see a difference after losing around a stone in weight.
People started noticing when I lost about 10% of my original body weight. Wearing the right size of clothes (i.e. smaller size) also helps!
Thanks for all the helpful comments! :) Hopefully I will start to notice a change in a few more weeks!
About 10lbs for me.
My clothes (specifically one pair of work trousers!) felt a lot looser after about 4lb but now I'm on 7lb they don't seem loose anymore!!!. I've not lost any inches mind.

I'm going to sound a moaner but I'm so proud of my loss but nobody has noticed! I'm hoping about another 7lb in (a stone in total) I'll start feeling a bit better in myself!!
12 posts Page 1 of 1